My G25 which came today

Hardware, Software, Internet, Email, Security, OS, Simulations, Etc.
Steve Shelley
Super

My G25 which came today

Post by Steve Shelley »

is fantastic im already quicker with it!!!!

jeez what have i been doing for so long with that old horse! :oldgit:
MarcusA
Super

Post by MarcusA »

Nice one, pleased for you mate....

==envious... :twisted:
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Ray Walton »

great news Steve. Now you need to go back and look at Lwgends threads on settin gthe wheel up for rFactor and installing RealFeel and LeoFFB too. the default configuration is very poor in most folks opinion. Same with iRacing read their tips on setting up your G25.

I now use the Wingman Profiller for my main Windows settings with iRacign set to 900 Degs rotation and rFactor to 330 degs. Both have around 100% stength and all other values set to zero with Centre Spring ENABLED but set to zero as it is recommended to stop what they call spiking effects. Make sure you switch off dual axis for the pedals. If the settings do not stick this is quite common so just reinstall the Wingman drivers again over the top and it then all seems to work okay.

Also in rFactor wiht most L:ogitac wheels including the G25 and unlike the MS wheel you need to set the FF Strength value in game to a NEGATIVE value (80 to 100%) and test it works ontrack by letting go of the wheel whist moving forward and the wheel should realistically auto centre. Do thsi BEFORE installing RealFeel or Leo FFB and DO NOT ALTER IT AGAIN.

Some rF mods require RealFee in ivalue called l MaxForceAtSteeringRack to be negative and others positive and it appears to depend on the particular cars steering geometry. Here attached is my RealFeelPlugIn.ini file which assumes you have LeoFFB installed too and is placed in your rFactor root folder (back up the original first just in case).

Hmm sorry just tried but do not know how to attach a file to a forum post as no options available though I see from other posts it can be done ... Rik help ???? I will e-mail it to you Steve and my Leo ini file too which goes in the Plugins folder in rFactor, again back up the original first.[/code]
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD
Steve Shelley
Super

Post by Steve Shelley »

cheers mate your a star
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

There's a great big "add an attachment" section below the message editor box.... Do you not have one??
Steve Shelley
Super

Post by Steve Shelley »

how do you use them or am i being dumb
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Ray Walton »

Well bugger me Rik there it is just above the Preview/Submit buttons .. duh

Okay Steve firstly do not worry about the RealFeel and LeoFFB plug ins until you have your wheel working okay without. In your Logitec profiller set it up as suggested earlier with Dual Axis NOT enabled of course. then in RFactor controller screens remember 50% as with the MS wheel is the linear setting in rF (not 100% as in some sims). So leave steering at 50%, Throttle at 50% and the brake at about 10% to 30% to make the brake feel more real with the heavy braking where you physically feel the pressure increase on the pedal. Trial and error for what you prefer Steve these are just guide values. Then in the Force Feedback set the strength to a MINUS value. I suggest between -80% to -100%. if you set positive values when you drive and turn say to the left and let go of the wheel it will move hard over to the left instead of correctly to the centre. Make sure this is all okay.

Next download and install RealFeel plug in and Leo FFB plugin and replace their .ini files with the ones I sent you and adjust if you need to from those values BUT suggest you get used to the values as is to start with. I told you in the -email where to put the two .ini files. The two dedicated TWF1 and TWF3 Leo ini files go in the Plugin folder and the batch commands go onto your desktop so you can quickly change LeoFFB settings for either TWF1 or TWF3 though this will need adjusting depending on what mods we use next season.

Once you get all that going then give us a shout here to let us know and any problems you still have. This is well worth the effort Steve as the plug ins make a great wheel a truly fantastic wheel, but beware as some mods do not work with RealFeel though the RealFeel ini file I sent you allows for that by setting its effect at 0% for those incompatible mods.
Last edited by Ray Walton on Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD
Steve Shelley
Super

Post by Steve Shelley »

done that ray
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Steve,

You will enjoy the wheel, trust me, I went from a TSW to the G25 having tried various FFB wheels and going back to the TSW, so far I have a TSW covered in dust since buying the G25.

using Rik's settings and a few tweaks of my own i came up with this G25 setup in windows XP, it worked for Rick S and for Georg and is a good point to start from IMO.

Get real feel and Leo FFB from Rfactor cenral and use my ini files, it rocks :)
Regards

Mark