FFB Problems

Hardware, Software, Internet, Email, Security, OS, Simulations, Etc.
Gerry A
Novice

FFB Problems

Post by Gerry A »

Hi guys

Been running the SSC 1.2 mod with Leo'sFFB plugin on my G25 and it feels really good. However in the 79 mod it feel rubbish. So I hit the 'G' key to turn plugins off and instead of going back to the default FFB, I end up with no FFB at all.

I've also tried Real Feel, but when I go to drive, I get a voice saying 'Real Feel disabled'.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Right CTRL + numpad 2 to turn RealFeel on/off.

LeoFFB requires suitable settings in LeoFFB.ini to feel right. I've attached mine which I set up for GP79 (and am too lazy to change for other mods, but it generally feels OK with 50% RealFeel & 50% LeoFFB)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Mine are all here too Gerry, I tend to change my F3 and F1 leo.ini files.
Regards

Mark
Gerry A
Novice

Post by Gerry A »

Thanks guys. Very annoyingly, I don't have a num pad on this KB!!!

Mark, so those files go in the plugin folder and are global settings for all F3 and F1 cars?

Also, another annoyance, new settings will not stick in the G25's settings windows (bloody Vista!), they just revert to 100%, 0%, 0%. Steering value does stick though. Very odd.
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

You should have a RealFeelPlugin.ini file in your rFactor root folder. Open this and edit it so that you have:

RealFeelIsOn=True

Unfortunately, without the numpad you're going to find it rather time consuming to change the car specific parameters to get the best feel - much easier if you can do this on the fly whilst driving! You'll have to exit back to the garage, alt+tab to edit the ini file, save it & go back out on track to test the difference.

I've attached mine which has suitable entries already in it for GP79, F3 Euro, MMG, etc. All of them are set for 50% RealFeel & 50% LeoFFB. If you want to change these, look for the FFBMixerRealFeelPercent entries.

No idea about the G25 settings, I've got Vista on this machine but I always boot into XP!!
Gerry A
Novice

Post by Gerry A »

Thanks again Rik. I'll have to get a USB num pad, in that case.

I've got reelfeel enabled now, but all forces are in the wrong direction. Switching back to Leo's or the default FFB and the forces go in the correct direction again.

FFB set to -100 in rF.

What are the advantages of mixing Leo's and ReelFeel? And I take it that some mods support Leo's better than others?

SSC 1.2, G25 and Leo's is about the best FFB I've ever had.
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

You need to reverse the MaxForceAtSteeringRack value for the car, eg if it is

MaxForceAtSteeringRack=4000.000000

then make it

MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-4000.000000

LeoFFB should work with every car but it needs suitable parameters entered in the LeoFFB.ini file. All it basically does is use the pneumatic trail forces from the tyres.

RealFeel uses the steering rack forces as calculated by rFactor. These can be pretty poor if the car's suspension hasn't been modelled very well. Until about 6 months ago that was the case with pretty much every mod, including the stock ISI cars.
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Ray Walton »

Gerry a lot of folk get that problem with the Windows settings for your G25 not sticking. I also use only XP much faster for gaming but probably the same cure for this problem with Vista. Simply try removing and reinstalling the G25 drivers, this worked for me and many others and is a common but weird problem. Not sure if you can just reinstall over the top of the existing drivers or not but if it does not wirk by first removing try the overwriting method. If you try both I sincerely hope one will work for you.

With the Real Feel MAxForceatSteerignRack setting for each car you will find some will be positive and others negative. Do not alter your main rFactor polarity though as this if it works the right way without Realfeel has to be correct and with a G25 it should be negative.

I have some cars set positive and others negative in the RealFeel ini file. Rik did mention to me once as Realfeel works on the steering rack it depends on the cars designed geometry whether the steering pinion is physically in front or behind of the steering rack and that does make sense if you think about it.

Keyboard are so cheap can't you just get a USB keyboard with numpad on ?? Do you use a laptop PC then ot\r just one of those small neat keyboards.

Saw you tried to join TWF3 Club session today and got a mismatch. You need the Euro F3 2007 mod V1.1 and the special Brands TWFR V2 track. just use the links on the website TWF3 race announcement to get the right cars and tracks. Was ontrack so did not get chance to see what kind of mismatch was reported whether car or track. Be great if you can join us more again ontrack :-)
Last edited by Ray Walton on Sat May 31, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD
Gerry A
Novice

Post by Gerry A »

Hi Ray, it was a car mismatch. Something about collisions. Thanks for your help, mate.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

snakehands wrote:Hi Ray, it was a car mismatch. Something about collisions. Thanks for your help, mate.
Gerry,

Make sure you use the right mod here and download and install the 1.1 patch too from the same page.

Do you have Rfactor up to the latest version as well, its been a while since you raced v1.255 is the latest.
Regards

Mark
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

snakehands wrote:Mark, so those files go in the plugin folder and are global settings for all F3 and F1 cars?
Leo ffb unlike real feel has only the one ini file, I just change the extension to ini depending on which mod I am using, there are subtle differences, I use them for f3 and TWF1, the F3 is also fairly good for the MMG F1 mod too, although I need to work on the real feel settings for that one.
Regards

Mark
Gerry A
Novice

Post by Gerry A »

Hi Mark, just tried your F3.ini, but with that I'm feeling no rubble strip. Also, forces feel very weak. Are you getting any off the road type forces if the put a wheel off?

As far as I'm aware, I have installed the correct version of the F3 mod, so not sure what the issue is there.
Last edited by Gerry A on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Gerry,

obviously I am sure you know that the f3 ini needs to be called leoFFB.ini in the plugins directory, also in the zip file is my real feel ini file, root directory for rfactor, look at the settings for the F3 cars

[F307]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2700.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=50.000000
SmoothingLevel=0

This applies to the 2007 cars, there is a settings for the 2006 and private also, the line FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=50.000000 means that it is using 50% realfeel and 50% Rfactor FFB, the rfactor FFB is where the rumble strips etc. come from also its this 50% that is used by LeoFFB. At Brands my wheel is rumbling all the time as its quite an uneven surface. Oh and in the F3's pick your kerb carefully :wink:
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

snakehands wrote:Hi Mark, just tried your F3.ini, but with that I'm feeling no rubble strip. Also, forces feel very weak. Are you getting any off the road type forces if the put a wheel off?
I see Mark has

0.0 Road bumps feeling on the wheel

in his F3 ini file. If you change that to a positive number then you should feel them - try 0.5.
Gerry A
Novice

G25 Controller Settings sticking Problem Solved.

Post by Gerry A »

Upgrading the wingman software from 5.1 to 5.2 did the trick. I can now adjust all the values and they will stick.