Panorama67 Reports

rFactor based League - Trans World Formula Classics [F167]
Kat
Super

Re: Panorama67 Reports

Post by Kat »

Re-install sounds like a plan Paul - completely clean install (archive old ones) and see what happens.
The Racing Kat Blog
2010, 2011, 2012 Race Steward
2012 Chief Steward
Race Report Writer
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

I had a stinker of a race, domestic distractions abounded and my head was in the wrong zone. It was going fine until lap 8, I was following Ray and Rouke just about keeping in touch. Then at the final bend I arrived at the scene of somebody's accident (Vadim?), was too busy gawping and lost control of the car, it slewed round under throttle and I hit the barrier. I could have pitted immediately but soldiered on for a lap assessing the damage before coming in. So I dropped to 12th and made a total pig's ear of a recovery drive tangling with both Bret and Paul ruining their nights, my humble and foolish apologies gents. I managed a ninth place nowhere near the pace I was running in testing. Weird one. :oops:
Congratulations to Angelo, a great result for the team.
Last edited by maiph on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
CasparR
Rookie

Post by CasparR »

Hope you all had a good race!

I did rather poorly in my GTL league race at Altbierbude.
Qualified 6th ,lost it and was 13th.
Worked back to about 6th very close to the top guys and then all went wrong. Slow pit stop and several offs and lost my front spoiler and had no speed left. Finished 11th, one lap down and that costs points for the team.
They have a fantastic system where all total race lengths of team members are added up so finishing is WAY more important than winning.
So nobody gives up and we finish with at least 20 cars times 3 servers!
Then they have weight added to the winners soi the filed is well balanced.
Kat
Super

Post by Kat »

CasparR wrote: So nobody gives up and we finish with at least 20 cars times 3 servers!
Obviously we use a slightly different system here, but you do need to do 50% distance to score points for your team and of course we have ballasting. I'm often surprised how people withdraw early in the race rather than getting repaired (when they've NOT lot a wheel) in order to get at least to half distance.
The Racing Kat Blog
2010, 2011, 2012 Race Steward
2012 Chief Steward
Race Report Writer
CasparR
Rookie

Post by CasparR »

Kat wrote:
CasparR wrote: So nobody gives up and we finish with at least 20 cars times 3 servers!
Obviously we use a slightly different system here, but you do need to do 50% distance to score points for your team and of course we have ballasting. I'm often surprised how people withdraw early in the race rather than getting repaired (when they've NOT lot a wheel) in order to get at least to half distance.
Yep, shouldn't happen. :)
Jef Vannijlen
Super

Post by Jef Vannijlen »

I got distracted trying to keep up with Grant (so fast and way on the edge)
and i hit friggin fence.

Then i went for Angelo going full full, otherwise it could have gotten really lonely.
He had 3.4 seconds on me and responded when he saw the gap closing.
But still, i was a bit faster, for a while. lol I like the track anyways.

Good battle with Angelo. Almost lost the car again in second to last lap going up the long straight.
I lost the fight right there, kept pushing and pushing with a slightly bent car, but to no avail.

Good race all.
Grats to Kikkomaster Grant.
#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Even though I was not really competitive, i still enjoyed the race and the track.
Had a decent start, clean, no contact (that I know of) with anyone. Did not push on the first lap, tried a little harder and then spun the car, recovered and got going again. A lap or so later I noticed Rouke in the pits, brought a little smile to my face as I passed him. :) My smile soon dissappeared though when he caught me up. But soon I found myself fighting with Paul and Ralph, then coming out of turn 2 Ralph and I had a moment with each other which resulted in me spinning, got going again then bloddy spun again :lol: Anyways, no problem Ralph all is forgiven. Congrats Grant :)

Hope to make TWF1 Interlagos.

Regards,
Bret
DaleB
International

Post by DaleB »

I had one of my better races, one of those tracks that suits my driving style. Was able to advantage of the first lap issues and move up the grid, I to saw Rouke in the pits and put my head down knowing I would see him again. Kept pushing and not making any mistakes, as the fuel started burning off my times kept going down. Looked at the HUD and saw Bret & Rouke back behind and then Rouke switch spots with Bret, (Thanks Bret, was counting you, hehe) I started pushing even harder putting down PB's and Rouke is still closing the gap, damn, that is disheartning. Rouke catches me on the staight and passes then in the next lap spins in the cliff drop off corner and gives it back. I'm hoping with the laps left I could hold him off but not to be, well done.

Congrats to the podium!
Ray Riddall
Novice

Post by Ray Riddall »

Really enjoyed this race, qualified 7th about where I expected, had a clean start maintaining my position. Ralph past me on lap 1 but was back in 7th when Rouke pitted, 3rd lap repast Ralph on the back straight then on lap 8 I just missed Vadim who had an off at the last turn. Now spent a few laps chasing Peter, who had a moment in the corner before the straight, managed to slip by him into 4th, I was able to put in some decent lap times to finish in that position, which I'm very pleased about.

Well done to Grant,and podium.

Thanks Ray.
Image Image Image