Club, Practice and Fun Races

rFactor general discussions
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Club, Practice and Fun Races

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Hello everyone, :)
I’m not trying to pick a fight but:

HQ have noticed lately some drivers are taking liberties and forgetting our rules namely: overtaking under Yellow, cutting corners, burnouts on formation lap and so on, in club, practice and fun races.

Even though these sessions are a more relaxed type of affair it gives the opportunity for drivers to "build" their race, tune their set ups, and develop a race plan for the upcoming race on the Sunday, amongst other things gives "race" practice, but even so we still all need to remember that Legends rules still apply.

For non members or guests joining the server there is not much we can do other than to tell them briefly about formation lap procedure or no formation lap, as it is impossible to go through the rules in chat beforehand.

In the past a couple of non members who have joined our server have find out the hard way that the admins here do not take kindly to reckless driving or flaming, :bat: so from time to time we have booted them (providing the admin sees what went on of course). :)

It's primarily from these races we attract new drivers to race with us and if some of our existing members throw a couple of our rules out the window then it sends the wrong message to our new drivers automatically, and that in turn, will ultimately lead to problems for all of us.

To some, it might look like we make a big deal out of nothing or take it to seriously-damn right we do, because if we did not most of us (who put in hours & hours of practice) would be out of a race either before T1 or at T1.

As I say-not picking a fight but please stick to the rules no matter what type of session we are running: :thumbsup:

Regards,
Bret
Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jef Vannijlen
Super

Re: Club, Practice and Fun Races

Post by Jef Vannijlen »

I wont ever be racing again on saturdays clubs.
Need to work every saturday all year long. Always. for ever.
:bat: :bat:

So no go for me so make sure u are present at thursdays clubs or u will miss some great battles with me. :banana:
#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79