2012 iRacing Plans - update?

iRacing general discussions
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Re: 2012 iRacing Plans - update?

Post by Ray Walton »

Many David. There is Rick, Leo, Baz for a start and many other Euro based members too who could well be interested. We need to attract enough to make it worthwhile so lets say at a minimum 10 to start a race and preferably at least 14 or 15. It would need advertising too with a link / announcement on our front page too. We could just announce it on the room of course and hope to get a nice group of followers for the proposed one off fun races.

9:00 PM CET is way too late for me Leo and not that good for the US drivers who seem more tied up on Sunday afternoons. But as I said I am the oddity here so do not worry about fitting in with me. I would be happy just to see you guys still being able to race with our Legends friends using iRacing at a mutually convenient and workable time. Oh and I did mention that it would NOT be sensible to clash with rF2 testing as that will attract even a lot of our iRacing fans here as yes rF2 is pretty good Leo, and I say that as a full iRacing convert of many years. So I was not talking about this coming weekend but say from the weekend after (12th Feb) when the league is running rF1 racing which we know attracts different members than the iRacing guys here.
Last edited by Ray Walton on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD
fpolicardi
International

Post by fpolicardi »

I would like to take part to Legends iRacing races, but I often had to give up cause time slot too early for me or clashes with other races planned on Sunday eve/night. In summer I usually come home late from sea and in Winter from skying.
Ciao
Fulvio Policardi
Team Seven
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Perhaps we should have a poll for the best time to race? as I like many here do want to race but think the schedule or car is stopping many from joining in.

I am sure that what ever car we choose the schedule should be the same as iR.
I havent tried any of the new build cars yet so perhaps comments and ideas can be forthcoming? It would be a pity to see this part of Legends die. :(
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Dave Kadlčák
Super

Post by Dave Kadlčák »

Ray Walton wrote:Many David. There is Rick, Leo, Baz for a start and many other Euro based members too who could well be interested
I meant not many US based (or western hemi-sphere based) drivers run iRacing Legends League races. Did Rick re-subscribe to iRacing? I wasn't aware of that :) (Stratton that is - I don't know any other Rick).
  I.V.G.A. Member #2552 - ICR2 hotlaps
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Ray Walton »

No David I meant Rik not Rick, sorry my bad. Also living in the far east I now consider of course both Europe and the Americas as Western hemisphere, duh.
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD
Whoppershine
Provisional

Post by Whoppershine »

I´ve been participating in the legends iRacing league some seasons ago. I had a lot of fun racing in a "closed" league. Unfortuneatly the next season the car changed and I was out. In my opinion, you should go for a car which is very popular in iRacing itself and go for an identical track schedule as the official iRacing calendar. This will help a lot as people who are competing in iRacing like to enter a closed league without car or track change. A little bit of advertising in the iRacing forum will bring enough drivers, especially to legends league, which is very special. According to the history of this league, a single seater season using the Star Mazda or the Skippy should bring a full field, if you don´t change the car every season, in my opinion. Thats what I experienced in a german league. But I can also understand Rik that he´s tired of organizing for a field of 10 drivers.
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Just had a drive in the Lotus 79 and really enjoyed it, so I think I will drive that in season 2. You going to as well Paul? :clap:

There is some great info on the L79 forum.
Last edited by Baz West on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
fpolicardi
International

Post by fpolicardi »

Baz West wrote:Just had a drive in the Lotus 79 and really enjoyed it, so I think I will drive that in season 2. You going to as well Paul? :clap:

I raced season 1 and I think I'll join you :cheers:

I have done a couple of laps at Oulton with the new Cadillac too, fun car, I think I'll do some races with it too.
Ciao
Fulvio Policardi
Team Seven
Kat
Super

Post by Kat »

I'll be continuing primarily with a Radical/Lotus mix. This season I've struggled to get official races in the Lotus (due to my own schedule) but now iRacing have made both series 4 days a week.

Lotus - Weds/Fri/Sat/Sun
Radical Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun

They also operate 1 hour out of synch so many of the Lotus races are easily run in the hour before the Radicals. The Radical races usually last under an hour too - although 45+5+finishing lap etc. does take nearly 55 mins so have to be sharp to do it.

Lotus races are ALL 25 laps. So most finish comfortably inside 45 minutes, more typically 35-40 minutes.
Last edited by Kat on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Racing Kat Blog
2010, 2011, 2012 Race Steward
2012 Chief Steward
Race Report Writer
Paul Langford
Super

Post by Paul Langford »

Baz West wrote:Just had a drive in the Lotus 79 and really enjoyed it, so I think I will drive that in season 2. You going to as well Paul? :clap:

yes m8 I love the Lotus 79.......gimme a heads up when the races are occurring........

also the new caddy is great fun.........prolly try to race that at some point
Image Image Image Image

Car #69 2009 TWFA CHAMPION
Rudi Kniel
Novice

Post by Rudi Kniel »

Hello guys,
I've created a chart-overview for iRacing Road Season 2 2012.

Maybe someone of you can use it too.

Cu Rudi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Personally, I find racing to be the most relaxing thing in the world. When I'm racing nothing else matters. I don't care what else is happening in my life, I'm focused on racing. It allows me to forget everything else - I just relax and enjoy my driving."

Ross Bentley
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Apparently L79 peak European times are usually official, it is now a 4 day week schedule.

Kat advised me to get names down for CTC Classic Teams Championship, we could be rookies Paul :)

Read more here http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts ... 94316.page

Thanks Rudi, that is useful. :thumbsup:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Sorry Fulvio m8 missed your post. Register for the CTC,it looks wellorganised and plenty of help and guidance just like this league. You don't have to race a specific time as your iR count.

Sev you on track :)
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Hey Lotus boys and Girls try the tournament Monday nights, great practice. there was about 6 races at the Glen 10 minute warm up random grids 5 lap race. Lots of chaos but you didnt have to wait long for another and no hit to iR or sr.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Paul Langford
Super

Post by Paul Langford »

Baz West wrote:Hey Lotus boys and Girls try the tournament Monday nights, great practice. there was about 6 races at the Glen 10 minute warm up random grids 5 lap race. Lots of chaos but you didnt have to wait long for another and no hit to iR or sr.
I'll try to make next monday.....what time?
Image Image Image Image

Car #69 2009 TWFA CHAMPION