G25 settings

Hardware, Software, Internet, Email, Security, OS, Simulations, Etc.
Georg
International

G25 settings

Post by Georg »

Hi All,

got myself a G25 today, found a post from Rik with his settings in Windows and rFactor from 2007 (thanks to Yahoo and Outlook :lol: ).
But some basic pointers:

In the Windows settings I've got:
Degrees of rotation - 360
Overall strength - 99% (*)
Spring strength - 0%
Damper strength - 0%
Enable centering spring - checked (**)
Centering spring strength - 0%

* - depending on who you listen to this should either "never be 100% or more
since it will induce oscillations" or "should be at least 100%, typically 105%"

** - seems to be accepted that this should be checked but with the strength set
to 0%. Why? I dunno!

Within rF I have:

speed sensitivity - 0%
FFB effects - low
FFB strength - -100% (nb: must be negative for G25)
Are you really using -100% FFB strength in rFactor ? When I use that the wheel will turn-in heavily at the corners and I have to fight it to don't drive into the inside walls. Now with +100% I have to fight the wheel so I can turn-in, both feel odd.

Haven't tried RealFeel yet but after only a couple of laps I'm not impressed with the G25, actually that cheap Thrustmaster Ferrari GT wheel I tried some months ago felt much more realistic.

Do I have something set wrong ?

Georg

MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Hi georg,

All my settings and files are in this thread hope it helps you, this is my third FFB and the only one I have kept longer than a month, I finally retired my TSW after 11 years of hard use and this was the only one to make me do it.
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

The standard rF FFB is pretty poor IMO but it comes alive with RealFeel & LeoFFB.

Yes I do use the -100% setting but I'm not sure that actually has any effect when using LeoFFB. If using it with GP79 then it will also be affected by the setting you have for the 'Power Steering' upgrade - I use the "assist level 3" setting which gives the lightest steering.
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

MarkF wrote:Hi georg,

All my settings and files are in this thread hope it helps you, this is my third FFB and the only one I have kept longer than a month, I finally retired my TSW after 11 years of hard use and this was the only one to make me do it.
Georg,
I highly recommend Mark's link. I recently upgraded to the G25 as well, but delayed in using his advice. I was beginning to get frustrated as I had tried the RealFeel plugin previously (when I had the Momo wheel) but not with the second plugin. I finally took Mark's advice, installed the plugins and settings as he advised and have been VERY happy since!
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Georg
International

Post by Georg »

Hi Mark/Rick,

yeah, with Mark's settings it's completely different and much much better. However what I don't like about the wheel is the missing buttons at the wheel, the gear shift paddels which are to uncomfortable for me (I touch the paddels with my thumbs) and finally the price, it's still at almost 300 Euros at my local store.

Georg

Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

I will say that I did like the feel of the Momo wheel better than the G25, plastic and all. The rim of the G25 is so much thinner, it feels "toy-like" at times, and I do miss the additional buttons on the wheel. BUT... I'm finally starting to get comfy with the pattern gearshifter, and although it does feel a little delicate [anyone had failure with the shifter unit?] I'm glad for it. Personally, because I don't generally race "modern" F1 cars, I haven't used the wheel paddles for years, at least not for shifting. They do make great headlight blinkers for endurance racing though! ;)
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Georg wrote:Hi Mark/Rick,

yeah, with Mark's settings it's completely different and much much better. However what I don't like about the wheel is the missing buttons at the wheel, the gear shift paddels which are to uncomfortable for me (I touch the paddels with my thumbs) and finally the price, it's still at almost 300 Euros at my local store.

Georg
Hi Georg,

Well, you have some long thumbs then, I am sure you will get over it by a slight repositioning or something. I agree there should be more buttons on the wheel, but coming from the TSW which has no buttons the two are a bonus. I do have the shifter in sequential mode and use forward shift for the pit lane speed limiter and the back shift to change the LCD as I am using the paddles for changing gear.

I have the buttons on the wheel for increase/decrease fuel, I cannot look right/left as I get dizzy and crash.

The four red buttons I have set for calling pit stop, reset FFB, switch ignition off, engine starter. Can't remember the rest as I hardly use them.

I actually thought the gated gears were not available in the F1 series as there is a cheat mode or summat for people who select gated then use the paddles.
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

You can use the gated shifter to change gears Mark, you just don't have the option to use the super-fast (*) shifts that the GP79 "gated shifter" option allows.

* - they wouldn't be super-fast if you actually are using a gated shifter but they would definitely be so if using paddles!

FWIW, I use the G25 shifter in gated mode to select the various LCD screens: 1st gear = lap time, 2nd gear = standings, 3rd gear = tyres/damage, 4th gear = engine/brakes, 5th gear = pit, 6th gear = session status. Easier than faffing about trying to cycle through them to get the correct one :)

Wheel buttons are for left/right but I don't use them much. Shifter red buttons are pit lane limiter, FFB reset & brake balance. Top button of the top group is to request pit stop, left/right are for engine boost and bottom one is, er, can't remember!
MarioW
Super

Post by MarioW »

The only problem with gated shifter when you use it is that you actually will be punished as it uses twice the shifting delay, for example 2 to 3 goes like this without the upgrade: 2-delay-N-delay-3 while with pedals it goes 2-delay/N-3 so its not really an option.
Ciao Mario ಠ_ಠ