What's going on?

All other Legends League related discussion
maiph
Legends Admin Team

What's going on?

Post by maiph »

Embers are still glowing slightly.

A few people have been turning up at HQ lately muttering furtively of their non-legends activities. Ray wisely suggested we share the backstage thread so any stragglers can report here and maybe rekindle the Legends flame, even if it's just a place to report your sim-race small-doings because let's face it, nobody else cares. :lol:

It is sad that we must go elsewhere for satisfaction when we have such a great site and legacy here. But there is nothing like a league race so yes even I have signed up for a couple of others. I've raced one so far did quite well infact, finished 6th in a 90 minute Carrera Cup race. It was a blast, I had forgotten how much I like this.

Sadly the series at http://revs-simracing.co.uk/ was then 'put on hold' but I shall stay a member hoping that a mooted Indycar series will take place. Jef races there too, it is a quite sophisticated site with plenty going on.

Steve also suggested http://www.internationalsimracing.com and we shall both be running there with the 'Flat6' Carreras again at Interlagos this Sunday. Early 4pm qually with dinner drying out in the oven presumably. .... :lol:

But it's not Legends is it?
GRAB_1203.JPG
GRAB_1196.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image
Bogdan
National

Re: What's going on?

Post by Bogdan »

Hi Ralph,

Glad to hear that some of us are still out there messing around in this hobby.

I pretty much switched to Assetto Corsa at this point. I enjoy it from a handling perspective and being able to push the car at the limit. I'm running races at RD. I'm not spending as much time simracing as I would like to, but at least it's still a big enjoyment for me.

I hope to be back here racing under the Legends banner in not too distant future.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Well that was a bloody disaster for me :lol: , been a long time since I had such a bad race. So bad I was actually glad when I got engine failure hehe. How did you get on Ralph?

Nice to hear from you again Bogdan, I have been meaning to PM you for a long time but tbh I have not really had any good open wheel suggestions to make. Hope all is well with yourself. :)
Last edited by SteveC on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

I had a solid race midfield and finished 9th. I made a couple of passes but muffed a couple more. Over all I really enjoyed it though I was mystified by a lack of infield pace. Had a great chase and dogfight going early on as we all found we had more pace than hi-qualifier Emo. I could have been on for 6th place but for a spin at turn one, I am sure the dude drifted across my line under braking...
Pleased with the race overall, not my strongest track.

Yep good to hear from you Bogdan, the F3.5 championship seems a long time ago now but not forgotten. I do a bit of Assetto Corso too, pickup racing only so far, it's great, the ferrari license and the vintage F1s make it well worth having. It would be cool to try a league race and get a feel for how the sim handles such things. Overall I find it a bit too forgiving but this allows more focus on racing rather than car control which can be a good thing.

The Flat6 mod for RFactor2 which we have been league-racing is super. The way you can swing the back end and fine tune a bit of sliding and opposite lock is very involving. The two races I have done have both been clean and fair, with respect levels on a par, if not higher than Legends. Mentioning no names, Steve :lol: I saw you had a stinker!

Grids have been nearly full but another half dozen would be welcome. Join us Bogdan and anyone!

http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/
GRAB_1287.JPG
GRAB_1269.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

Hi Steve and Ralph - it's great to hear from you! Yes indeed, those Legends races seem like an eternity ago.

I'm glad to know that all is well with both of you and you're still burning that virtual rubber.

I'm running the F3 Dallara in AC and it's a great OW car that you can really push. Unfortunately, lack of practice is only allowing me to run in the top 10. I wish I could devote more time and be a bit more competitive.

Ralph - I'm going to disagree with you slightly. AC seems forgiving because the default setups are safe and not very fast at all. To extract lap time out of AC is very much demanding. AC feels very close to rF2 when you've dialed in a good rF2 setup. However, AC gives me second to none feedback associated with weight transfer. I have to say AC is closer to my old track experiences than even rf2. That's why I've gravitated towards that title. There are issues with it, no question, but I'm enjoying it for what it is right now...

With that said, if Legends chose to be back in business with either rF2 or AC, I will be the first one signing up.

Have you heard from the rest of the guys? I wonder how Rouke, Grant and the rest are doing...

Later,
B.
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

Good answer Bogdan, I am happy to be corrected on AC and you are very welcome here with your real world input! Have not gone into any depth on the setups but I did race that F3 mod when it came out and the pickup grids were full. Yes an excellent drive, please send me a setup and tell me where you are racing, I will have another crack at it. I miss the single seaters, there are some possible Indycar events on the Revs site which I shall keep an eye on.

Grant has been spotted last week and Ray and Rick are watching and commenting. There are some iRacing mumbles too I think. I have not heard news of Rouke for maybe a year?
Image Image Image
Ray Riddall
Novice

Post by Ray Riddall »

Hi guys , its been a while, I am currently racing over at HSO still on rFactor1 but they recreate championships of yesteryear which is great. I've signed up for three championships, F1 1978, DRM 83, and 1972 F5000. The competition is fierce with regular grids of 30 plus, I've even done a couple of oval races. There is also two or three people here from Legends.

I do miss racing with you guys at Legends and hope something can be sorted for the future.

cheers Ray.
Image Image Image