TWF1 Round 10 - F1 '92 - Austria - Sun 14th Jun 17:40 GMT

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula 1 [ASR F1 '92]
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

TWF1 Round 10 - F1 '92 - Austria - Sun 14th Jun 17:40 GMT

Post by SteveC »

TWF1 Round 10 - Austria

Sorry for the late posting of this event, this has not been a smooth week for me! I hope you will have noticed the server has been up since tuesday.

And so, to the final race! How will it all end? I am very glad to see so many drivers enjoying the championship all the way to the end :) Sadly I was not amongst you, I was eliminated for big part of season by the faulty B930 and did not join back in after that. But on whole the vast majority of drivers have seen out the whole season and I say bravo to you!

And be sure to check out one of the most spectacular wins in F1, by the 'Monza Gorilla' Vittorio Brambilla who put on a great show one year not only by winning the Austrian GP against the odds, but by crashing the car as he crossed the line! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a4mbwhuJfI

Also, rather bizarrely ex pro-boxer Bret drank a little too much and started fight with 3 fully grown lions in South Africa to impress his girlfriend, it did not work out too good! But now he is recovered, and the delay in updating the points should be sorted soon. We will make sure the points are updated before the race starts on Sunday, so people can can see how they stand.

And lets not forget Nigel Mansell F1 Champion of 1992, the man whom had every door slammed in his face twice but would never give up, and eventually, he did win it! Who will show the steely determination required in the ASR variant? There is only one way to find out!

Race : Sunday 14th June
Practise / 60 minutes / 17:40GMT
Qualifying / 20 minutes / 18:40GMT
Warm up / 10 minutes / 19:00GMT
Race / 60 minutes / 19:10GMT

Formation lap: on the formation lap please keep a reasonable 1 second gap between you and the car ahead. Let the leader determine the pace of the formation lap. Also, once lining up please do not stop completely to do a burnout to warm the rear tyres.

If you are wondering how to become a Legends member and join in on the championship please visit http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.php.

Good luck to all competitors... We look forward to seeing you on track
Last edited by SteveC on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Re: TWF1 Round 10 - F1 '92 - Austria - Sun 14th Jun 17:40 GMT

Post by Steeve Fournier »

Awesome final race annoncement Steve, you are the MAN !!

I really enjoy this TWF1 season in legends league. I love the feeling of this car.

I wanna say thanks to all legends league admin crew who makes it possible :allhail: , and also all participant drivers who also make it possible :thumbsup:

I wish all the very best for the last race. Lets hope we go through the whole event without any incidents between drivers.

Summer has come and sim racing now comes after many other things that we can do during summer, so i wish there will be a good bunch of drivers for the next race even if its not "timing optimal".

See you on track!

Steeve
Life is short, ride fast
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Steve wrote:Also, rather bizarrely ex pro-boxer Bret drank a little too much and started fight with 3 fully grown lions in South Africa to impress his girlfriend, it did not work out too good! But now he is recovered, and the delay in updating the points should be sorted soon. We will make sure the points are updated before the race starts on Sunday, so people can can see how they stand.

Lol...Ex boxer Bret could not fight his way out of a wet paper bag these days.

Seriously...Got back about five minutes ago...looking at the stuff I need to look at right now, have to go to the airport later this evening and I doubt I will be back in time for the race :(
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Well I cannot update the points before the race, but I can tell you that no penalties have been incurred by any driver in last 2 weeks.

Good luck for race! :checkeredflag:
Jef Vannijlen
Super

Post by Jef Vannijlen »

cant get it to work. mod wont install and racepost link not work
#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

You can DL mod here https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzijjhwrjsz98 ... rfcmp?dl=0

Not sure if I can help much more, hope you can sort it!
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

I had a quick look at Q laps and i found Race_one had a clear cut. After making the counts my numbers are as follow for the season podium finishers.

Champion: Race_one with 285 points :victorydance: (i calculate 30% deduction for the last race.) :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
2nd place: tafkams with 284 points :shock: :shock:
3rd place: Steeve with 279 points :cry: :cry:

Could it be any closer??? That's amazing :)
Note: This i "MY" calculation, it is not the official one. so don't take it as an official result. :oldgit:

Thanks for hosting this season legends league, specially SteveC who made a fantastic job, even more impressive when you consider he was not even racing for the most part. :admin:

Thanks to all participants.

Congratulation Race_One, well deserved championship!

See you all on track sometimes!

Steeve
Last edited by Steeve Fournier on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is short, ride fast
Jef Vannijlen
Super

Post by Jef Vannijlen »

Thanks all for some good racing, well done Race_One for winning the championship, great drive !!!

Last edited by Jef Vannijlen on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79
Joern Oliver
Rookie

Post by Joern Oliver »

I dont have much to say about the race. To little practice, to little topspeed, tried a no-stopper but didnt work out, P9.

Thanks for hosting this season legends league, specially SteveC.
Thanks to all participants.
Congratulation Race_One, well deserved championship!

CU all next time? Greetings, Joern
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

Was a damn fine race for me. I had done the laps, the circuit was fully routined and I nearly got within a second of the front-runners.
So I qualified 7th but then at the start I rashly stuck my nose into danger at turn 1. Sure enough Dyrton hadn't seen me and headed for the same patch of track. There was contact and I half spun down to 11th. Not too much time lost and I was in good company with RaceOne starting at the back too for some reason. He got past me after a lap or so and set a good example of how it should be done so I upped the aggression a little and started a long battle to recover position. A great overtaking race then with plenty of passing places, I clawed right back up there to 3rd place at one point as others pitted. Dropped down to a comfy 4th place as the pitters upped the late race pace then became aware that this would be challenged by Dyrton. He chased me down, I drove my ass off but there he was. Had to defend hard in the closing laps, nearly losing it at the final turn encouraging a lunge from Cessna - where he lost time - then a relatively easy last couple of laps and a satisfying result.

Hearty congratulations to 'RaceOne' whoever you are and to Steeve and Mr Tafkams. You guys set a new standard which appeared to drive our previous champions to despair and early retirement!

Finally I am understanding these cars and have a good setup - thanks to Steeve - but it comes too late. Apart from the last two races the season has been disastrous for me.
Anyway there's some people on the track, they think it's all over, it is now.

But I hope not......
GRAB_1108b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by maiph on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Ray Riddall
Novice

Post by Ray Riddall »

Just want to say a big thank you to Steve and the admin crew for this championship. Loved every race and the driving been to notch, hope there is another.

Well done to RaceOne, Steeve and Mr Tafkams.

Thanks Ray.
Image Image Image
[GER]Race_One
Rookie

Post by [GER]Race_One »

First of all thanks to everyone :)

And thanks to the admin´s :admin:

I hope i will see some people in other races. All of you have been very fast and it was the first time that i had to push so hard on the limit with these cars and it was so much of fun with you guy´s.

A big thank you to all who have been driven till the end :checkeredflag: :allhail:

And last one

Grand I missed you in the race !! You, tafkams and steeve where so f... fast.

Thank you very much
Last edited by [GER]Race_One on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Thanks guys :) :cheers:

I have updated the final points here http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... Itemid=615, I believe they are correct however I will still double check it some more yet, and it any penalties from Austria may need to be applied.

* I see the 'gap to next' is wrong on a few drivers - that is just because those drivers who dropped their worst round, them points are not deducted from that column in my spreadsheet. The total points is correct.
Last edited by SteveC on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joern Oliver
Rookie

Post by Joern Oliver »

P6 :cheesy: :checkeredflag:

F1'92 was much fun to drive.
A shame we didnt run all season with the 30+ Drivers we had in the beginning.