TWF1 Round 9 - F1 '92 - Suzuka - Sun 31st May 17:40 GMT

Post by SteveC »

TWF1 Round 9 - Suzuka

Race : Sunday 31st May
Practise / 60 minutes / 17:40GMT
Qualifying / 20 minutes / 18:40GMT
Warm up / 10 minutes / 19:00GMT
Race / 60 minutes / 19:10GMT

Formation lap: on the formation lap please keep a reasonable 1 second gap between you and the car ahead. Let the leader determine the pace of the formation lap. Also, once lining up please do not stop completely to do a burnout to warm the rear tyres.

If you are wondering how to become a Legends member and join in on the championship please visit http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.php.

Good luck to all competitors... We look forward to seeing you on track
Mart2
Rookie

Re: TWF1 Round 9 - F1 '92 - Suzuka - Sun 31st May 17:40 GMT

Post by Mart2 »

Sorry you hit me Pablo, I spun in the middle of Degna 2 and could see a car in my mirrors approaching so I didn't move, I had some damage and another stop and go to serve, limped back did my stop and go limped round again and saw I had another stop and go but I wanted my car fixed first but couldn't change it for some reason so I quit, sorry guys very rare that I quit a race.
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

That was a messy race, its the least i can say. Yellow flag warning after lap 1 and and full track yellow safety car after lap 2. I don'T know what happen that can cause that???? After 2 laps behind safety car the race was to go on. As we are not experience of race re-start behind sefaty car, a mees happen near the pit entry lane. Someone ask for race restart, another "agree" and Bret choose to do so. I Also thought it was the thing to do as we are not suppose to have safety car..... or are we??? On the other hand, we are not suppose to restart a race at any time because some guys crash... its not fair for drivers who made it through safely.... Anwyay.... admins will probablt discuss what should be done in a situation like that!

Q: 2nd, 1:31:8xx

R: 1st
2nd start: bad start for me again cos i need to hold 3 pedals at the same time with only 2 feet. Otherwise the car will move forward and cause a false start. Anyway i only lost 1 place so that was good enough for me. It about the best i can do in normal situation anyway.

I was following safely Race_one and Pablo for a few laps. Thought i'd let them fight and drive smooth behind them. Then Race_one seem to got out of pace and i catch him pretty quickly to then overtake him before Spoon. We had a small touch, sorry for that Heiko. Pablo was about 2 sec ahead and i catch him within 2 laps. He then open the door wide by going offtrack in sector 1.

Drove my pace almost without worry to the end. Only small worries i had was when i was lapping cars. This track is so narrow, its a challenge for the lappers to find a safe place to let the lapping car pass. But well done everyone, everything went right on my side.

See you in 2 weeks at the final race.

Thanks legends-league admins team for making this possible.

Gratz Podium, specially Ralph who struggled all season long, finally a nice result. :thumbsup:
Life is short, ride fast
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Hi Guys,
Just to give a couple of answers about my actions last night:

I was surprised like all of you were when the safety car came out.

The main reason why I restarted the race was not because anyone crashed by the way...I mean I would not know if they had crashed anyway...

Problem was that I suspected that peeps got penalties for the safety car period. When behind the safety car, judging from my read out the system was stating that I should stay behind Jef so i overtook Martin (I think it was) to get there, next few seconds and the system was telling me that I am one position ahead as to where I should be so I dropped back behind Martin again...and so it continued then within a minute or so two peeps were asking for the restart and that confirmed with me that the chances of penalties were high...so it is upon THAT basis that I chose to restart the race.

As for the chump who said something like "this is bullshit" well...you can bloody well sod off as far as I'm concerned
Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Joern Oliver
Rookie

Post by Joern Oliver »

Race 1:
Race accident (in my opinion) entering the last chicane. We made it side-by-side through 130-R but then i got hit from behind in the following righthander. I should have stayed outside, not sure if that would have prevented the crash though.
sry guys if we are responsible for the sc :-)

Race 2:
Very bad start, running wide in T1, G27 getting loose from my rig... sry to the guy behind me.
After that, a race to forget, some pace was there but too many mistakes. argh.

Restart was ok, although i was running P7 already.
As there are one ore two germans around, here a translation from dict.leo.org :lawyer:

Phrasen
Sod off! (Brit.) [sl.] Zieh Leine!
Sod off! (Brit.) [sl.] Verpiss Dich! [sl.]

:cheers:

cu in Austria, greetings, Joern
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Bret Metcalf wrote:Hi Guys,
Just to give a couple of answers about my actions last night:

I was surprised like all of you were when the safety car came out.

The main reason why I restarted the race was not because anyone crashed by the way...I mean I would not know if they had crashed anyway...

Problem was that I suspected that peeps got penalties for the safety car period. When behind the safety car, judging from my read out the system was stating that I should stay behind Jef so i overtook Martin (I think it was) to get there, next few seconds and the system was telling me that I am one position ahead as to where I should be so I dropped back behind Martin again...and so it continued then within a minute or so two peeps were asking for the restart and that confirmed with me that the chances of penalties were high...so it is upon THAT basis that I chose to restart the race.

As for the chump who said something like "this is bullshit" well...you can bloody well sod off as far as I'm concerned
Well explained Bret. You made the good choice :thumbsup:
Life is short, ride fast
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

It was the right call Bret, a confusing and chaotic episode which threatened to spiral.

Even though I was running in 5th at the reset. :roll:

However the restarted race proved to be my best run of the season. Thanks in part to Steeve's Spa setup and 90 laps of practise plus a decent showing in the Renault3.5s last week, doubleplus; I like Suzuka and know it well.
The first third of the race was yet another of my great battles with Ray, I kept within 2 seconds of him and pulled out a comfy cushion behind. I loomed just enough in his mirrors to give him the hurry :twisted:
Eventually it paid off when he missed his brake point at the hairpin and I was through up to 5th again :)
From there I just had to manage the gap behind to Jef who can be rather tenacious. I managed to extend it by around a half sec a lap. Had a few minor excursions and scruffy laps but was always able to regain the time.
Was planning to run non-stop, had put wing-on to save my tyres and it was all on schedule when Pablo and Dyrton both pitted, and Race-One retired too. This put me in an incredible 2nd place!
However Pablo and Dyrton were way quicker on fresh tyres and soon caught me. I hadn't the straight line speed to defend and there was a near-death moment as they passed me at 130R. Avoiding contact put me off track and down to 4th which became 3rd after they later collided.

So for once all the bad luck flowed the other way and I have enjoyed a mild podium-buzz all day. :victorydance:
Last edited by maiph on Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
Mart2
Rookie

Post by Mart2 »

Well done on the podium maiph, on the restart going up the esses I noticed I was behind you and as I have been responsible for tapping "ahem" you once or twice in previous races I decided to back off slightly and bide my time, in doing so I somehow got my right side wheels on the dirty stuff approaching Degna and went off all by myself :D
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Bret Metcalf wrote:As for the chump who said something like "this is bullshit" well...you can bloody well sod off as far as I'm concerned
+1.

This guy should do us all a favour on post his frustrations on ISI. I have no idea why the safety car come out, it should not and most of the season has not. Nothing has changed. This is random factor in action. Please do not blame us, we are doing our best but this system is just riddled with bugs.

Again this week, the server did not record the crucial Q replay file, as has happened before. Just nothing works properly with RF2. We spent hours and hours getting that server up for Suzuka. Hours! It should take 10 mins. This is pretty normal, has been this way all season. Just remember we run these leagues for free, and we are using software which is i my opinion not fit for purpose, so please to not be bitter against us if it all falls apart.

I did a 60 min race myself Friday night the server crashed on final corner of final lap! It is bullshit as the chumps says, but players would be better advised to criticise ISI rather than the people who are running the races.

The truth is, that RF2 is beta software and we are the paying testers.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Jef Vannijlen
Super

Post by Jef Vannijlen »

Yeah good call.
Although i avoided mayhem and had good position.

I got the message "stay behind Paul" and then "a car in front must let u pass" or something among those lines.
And it kept switching between the two. After rolling restart i was getting pit message penalty logo.
---------
Real race went well, and i decided to do what ever Ralph would do, but he never pitted. :roll:
And since Paul was chasing me, i could not afford a later pit stop. Impossible for me to gain that much time on fresh tires.
So i just kept going. Dunno where all u guys find so much speed but i was happy to be consistent for a change.
I saw Pablo coming in fast on fresh tires and decided to make way, way to dangerous at that point for me to start defending against that kind of speed.

Well done podium !

Last edited by Jef Vannijlen on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Great pics again Jef :thumbsup:
Life is short, ride fast
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

Steeve Fournier wrote:Great pics again Jef :thumbsup:
one of me not crashing would be nice :lol:
Image Image Image
Damian Baldi
Club

Post by Damian Baldi »

I tried some laps before the official race, but my system couldn't run this track properly. I'll upgrade my system this month.

See you later.
Team Comet
F1 & Endurance