TWF1-Barcelona Race Reports

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Connection lost AGAIN...PISSED OFF :mad:
davidporeilly
Rookie

Re: TWF1-Barcelona Race Reports

Post by davidporeilly »

Well that was unique.

I was getting faster and faster in quali, but most people were getting faster again and I was left in P17.
I considered a pit lane start but figured thats a bit of a cop out. Suerly I could be careful?

The car in front of me seemed to bog down somehow and I went to go around him and tapped Maiph? He spun and I stopped and waited till he had got going again and followed. Apologies.
We both got in contact with a group which was nice and I was looking forwards to a good race and then I spun at the entry to the final chicane simply due to dithering about wat gear to be in with full fuel.

Engine stalled-the next bit is the best bit. I rolled backwards towards the pits, figured I might get a penalty for reversing all the way in so risked a 3 point turn and let gravity slowly roll me into pit lane. This took some time.
Once body damage was repaired and fresh tyres for good measure in a prompt 9 seconds I asked for an engine start and was off.

Despite being 2 laps down I figured I might as well have some laps and try to catch the tail end even If I couldnt pass them.

Then about lap 9 i hit the kitty litter and stalled again, game over.
Mart2
Rookie

Post by Mart2 »

quick report, I'm really sorry to who it was who hit me as I made my way out of the gravel, I find it really hard to get out of round here and I was trying to inch forward and I messed up, sorry guys.
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

Sorry Ray for what might seemed like cutting in at turn 1 on lap 1.
Was super late on the brakes, never saw you.

I will have to find a setup that works for me. Being away so far from the pace sucks immensly.
P 7 in a super slow and boring race.
Gratz all finishers and tafkams.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Bret Metcalf wrote:Connection lost AGAIN...PISSED OFF :mad:

What a rotten but of luck :peepsofa:
Last edited by Grant Riddall on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Congratulations Tafkams :allhail: Results, vmods, replays all available here - http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... Itemid=608
Jef Vannijlen
Super

Post by Jef Vannijlen »

That was awesome race for me, some great fun, chasing after J. Oliver who started from pit as well.
Also had a little piece of cookie but big moment in a wall of smoke, i have to turn down special effects because it scared the shit out of me and out of my car. It tried to swap ends on me, slamming the brakes, and i went off. When the smoke cleared i noticed i could have gone "days of thunder" through the smoke.
Later on in the race, i focused on keeping up with Ralph. Stop and go penalty made things a bit lonely for me but eventually i caught up and we had fierce battle in the final laps.
I loved that! Thanks Ralph. Thanks all actually. Good race.
Looking forward to qualify in the next one. :)

#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79
Damian Baldi
Club

Post by Damian Baldi »

WOOW amazing pics ! :shock:
Team Comet
F1 & Endurance
Joern Oliver
Rookie

Post by Joern Oliver »

race to forget.
Too many stupid mistakes:
- changed the setup in practice 5 min before the race (never a good idea).
- failed to take my grid-position in time and had to start from pits
- went into the gravel, messed up a pitstop, got damage when some poor guy was trying to lap me (sry man) and so on ...

at least the battle with Jef was some fun for a few laps, but after all an awful evening. should have watched tv

grats Podium, greetings, joern
davidporeilly
Rookie

Post by davidporeilly »

Wow Jef, pics are indeed amazing.

and after I had grabbed a beer once my race was over I watched a very close battle for P1 on livetiming. Gap was .1 sec ? Great stuff.
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

Not sure why but I have lost all my pace, struggling to keep up with chaps I usually run with. Tempted to blame this damn Osella and its strange 'barking dog' engine sounds.

So I lined up way down the grid in 16th, although with a new PB. The start was going well, I was almost took 2 cars before turn 1 but was then tagged from behind and spun. I was last already before the first corner even! But it didn't take long to catch the pack as they squabbled the opening laps, soon I was up to 14th and in a good scrap with Ray, whom I saw plenty of in the race as usual. This was encouraging, maybe my race pace wasn't too bad, as the first cars pitted I was up to 10th. But really struggling with the left-front, I had to do my 1-stop a bit early. From there my pace was ok, I kept tidy and had another good fight with Ray before he got me. Then as I fell into the blue-flag zone I lost a load of time letting the leaders through which gave encouragement to Jef on his fresh tyres. I should thank Roberto here for letting me through under blue flags, mistaking me for a lead car? :thumbsup:. I was heavy on fuel and down to 8% rubber on the front left as Jef pressured me around the last 2 laps, I went wide approaching the final chicane and he got alongside. I thought I might still defend the chicane but I hit him and we both spun, so I conceded the position. Crossed the line 13th, relieved to finish for once! Drove my bollocks off but I was so slow it hurts. :oops: :? :nodance:

Heads must roll at equipe BOUS or something :bat:

on second thoughts maybe we need a second driver :idea:
Last edited by maiph on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
Roberto
Rookie

Post by Roberto »

At least someone got an apology! Same exact incident type except I slowed in mine.

My race was OK. I previously had problems with my pedals so I didn't get to spend time making setup. I ended up slow down the front straight and didn't plan my pit stops right, I thought I needed three pit stops but really needed only two. That extra pit stop cost me three track positions. I finished in last place. I'll know not to make those mistakes next time.

Steeve F. - I never saw a Blue Flag but I knew you were lapping me so I continued racing through the tight chicanes knowing you could just pass me when we got to the front straight. I never wanted to block lapping cars but I know the straights would be easier and better places to let pass.

Ralph - I had already lost my momentum letting a lapping car go by so I went ahead and let you go by too. Also I knew you were a faster driver than me so I just saved myself some aggravation.
Last edited by Roberto on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ray Riddall
Novice

Post by Ray Riddall »

Hi, Qualified 9th, got off to a good start following Vadim into T1, thought I'd try and slip past on the inside but in hindsight I should have backed out, we touched and Vadim had a wobble, so apology's for that.
Then in T3 I thought I was clear but rubbed wheels with Dyrton resulting in me spinning and others having to avoid me, so apology's for that to.
After that went for a two stopper, had a good scrap with Ralph along the way to finish 11th.

Well done to the Podium

Look forward to the next race,
Image Image Image
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Full report to follow, initial Q review findings as follows

Ralph Maiph : Guilty as charged http://legends-league.com/downloads/rfa ... h%20L9.JPG
Bret Metcalf : Read it and weep :lol: viewtopic.php?p=110943#p110943 http://legends-league.com/downloads/rfa ... L7%202.JPG

Provisional results available here http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... le&id=1432

There results are subject to change in the event of driver protests / other penalties.
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

Roberto wrote:Steeve F. - I never saw a Blue Flag but I knew you were lapping me so I continued racing through the tight chicanes knowing you could just pass me when we got to the front straight. I never wanted to block lapping cars but I know the straights would be easier and better places to let pass.
Roberto, i know 1 time i had to pass you for a spot, after my 1st pit stop, maybe its what you're talkning about, so its the reason why you didn't had blue flag.. And i can tell you made it very easy for me, nothing to say but :thumbsup:

My race report to come a bit later, with video of course :)

Great pics Jef !! :allhail:
Last edited by Steeve Fournier on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is short, ride fast