ASR F1 '92 @ Hockenheim Sun 18th Jan 19:00 GMT

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula 1 [ASR F1 '92]
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

ASR F1 '92 @ Hockenheim Sun 18th Jan 19:00 GMT

Post by SteveC »

Please see announcement on home page here : http://www.legends-league.com

No more slow motion in the 370Z, this week we are burning rubber at speed at Hockenheim in the ASR F1 '92. It's even got Ferraris this time :lol: Hope to see you sunday.
Last edited by SteveC on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Re: ASR F1 '92 @ Hockenheim Sun 18th Jan 19:00 GMT

Post by SteveC »

There is not the correct real road file or live racers on the server right now, this should be fixed in a few hours time.
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

My first run yielded a 1.21.5 best.
Image Image Image
Damian Baldi
Club

Post by Damian Baldi »

I'll be there this time :banana:
Team Comet
F1 & Endurance
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

OK the real road is setup and the liveracers is working.
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

1.19.5 - some rubber on track.
Hard to reproduce, car feels horrible in stadium section.
Feel like some setup tweaking might be good.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

I would be interested in hearing drivers thoughts on the real road, perhaps after the race is done on Sunday. We have quite a lot of rubber down for Hockenheim, not a silly amount but there is plenty of rubber.

One of RF2's strong points is the real road and its ability to simulate changing track conditions. In a sense we are dumbing that aspect of the sim down by applying generous rubber. Some may find it more challenging to start with only a minimal amount of rubber and let it progress thru the weekend. The change in track conditions would be more dramatic this way. On the other hand, everybody loves grip don't they?! And for less experienced drivers the rubber is of benefit. If you have any feelings on this please let us know after the race :thumbsup:
Last edited by SteveC on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

SteveC wrote:I would be interested in hearing drivers thoughts on the real road, perhaps after the race is done on Sunday. We have quite a lot of rubber down for Hockenheim, not a silly amount but there is plenty of rubber.

One of RF2's strong points is the real road and its ability to simulate changing track conditions. In a sense we are dumbing that aspect of the sim down by applying generous rubber. Some may find it more challenging to start with only a minimal amount of rubber and let it progress thru the weekend. The change in track conditions would be more dramatic this way. On the other hand, everybody loves grip don't they?! And for less experienced drivers the rubber is of benefit. If you have any feelings on this please let us know after the race :thumbsup:
I realize that I haven't participated in any races in quite some time. I've had a lot to deal with recently, and to be honest, simracing definitely took a back seat. Sorry for my absence, but it sounds like things have been quite lively on the servers. I read about new people joining almost every week - that's a really good sign.

The F1'92 mod is a complete stranger to me at this point. I haven't run more than 10 continuous laps at this stage and from what I hear tire management is a big factor. I shall see how I get on closer to the start of the championship. I do hope I can join all the fun come February.

With respect to Steve's question - I'm 100% in favor of starting with a green/low level rubber on the track and allowing the speed to come in progressively. For me, as much realism as possible. That's what keeps me to engulfed in rF2.

B.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

You may also note that Parc Ferme is on, and the Time Scale is x3, be assured on Sunday Parc Ferme will be off and Time Scale will be x1.
Damian Baldi
Club

Post by Damian Baldi »

I think a server for public races should be always with rubber on because other way you are condemning the first or only few drivers to drive in a green track.

A green track should be used only at the start of a practice for a closed event when you know there will be more than twelve drivers.
Team Comet
F1 & Endurance
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Time scale is now set correctly and parc ferme is off on server.
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

Count me in for sunday :) best lap for me is 1:18:1 with Q setup. I saw some drivers in low 1:17. For season, i think its best to start with green track. For fun races, some rubber will help those who had no time to practice.
Life is short, ride fast
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

After some thinking I too think it would be best to start with a green track for practise. But only on official race day, clubs I would set to rubbered.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
StrawmanAndy
Rookie

Post by StrawmanAndy »

I hope to race on Sunday, I've not done much racing online for like a year and I did sign up for the Formula F3.5 but only did one race and then couldn't make the rest which sucked, and I know how my one DNF doesn't look great but I want to prove I am clean and fair. I did a practice race today in your server and I'm happy I can actually join the server, because I've recently struggled to join some servers (no idea why, connection is fine and every other game works online perfectly so rF2 and my wifi don't mix it seems...) but it was good fun, and hoped I showed you guys I can be clean and fair. I had a good battle with a fair few of you guys, was close and fun :)

I do apologize for joining and not mentioning that I couldn't make the rest of the season, I want to rejoin and become more regular driver online again and now should be way more possible. I hope you guys accept my apology and hope to regularly compete with you guys. :cheers: