1 yr Renewal for $49

iRacing general discussions
Rik Walker
Site Admin

1 yr Renewal for $49

Post by Rik Walker »

As usual, there's a Black Friday membership renewal deal:
The iRacing Black Friday Special is back and we are starting early this year.

Now through December 4, 2014 we have cut the price of a one-year renewal membership in half. That’s right, you can renew your membership for just $49! (regularly $99)

You can use this code up to five times!

Use promo code PR-49RENEW2014 to take advantage of this offer. Simply click "View Cart" at the top of the home page, then enter the promotion code from above and click "Apply". Finally, complete the checkout process.

Act fast as this offer expires December 4th at 23:59 GMT. Valid on existing active accounts only.

Don't forget that when you renew early the extra year membership gets added to your existing membership. For example, if you are set to expire on January 31, 2015 and you use this promotion you will now expire on January 31, 2016.
MarkF
Super

Re: 1 yr Renewal for $49

Post by MarkF »

You beat me to it LOL, I think I have done this for three years now, well worth 50 dollars a year.
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

I've already got nearly 2 years to run so might not bother this time. But the reality is that a year's subscription to iRacing only costs $37 if you take advantage of both this one and the regular $100 credits for $75 offer. Or alternatively, if you race enough to get all the participation bonuses (and with the anniversary one) the subscription only amounts to $4 per year...

That's the trouble with offers & the headline prices - it makes iRacing look stupidly expensive when it isn't. There is obviously a large upfront cost to get the cars & tracks you want but it's really cheap after that.
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Ray Walton »

Totally agree Rik. So cheap in fact that if you take advantage of these regular offers that is a no brainer. I hardly race at all these days but have renewed for two years a couple of months back with two years for the price of one renewal offer.

Also remember when you buy the cars and tracks they do get regularly updated and will continue to do so to subscribed iR members. So in the long term that up front cost is probably spread over many more years than buying a new sim every couple of years and all the hassle of downloading third party tracks and cars, some of which turn out to be flawed too. Here with iRacing we have first class content that will always work well with iRacing as it is all approved rather than dubious third party stuff. In fact i usually stick only to ISI released tracks and cars with rF2 as just do not want any hassle though sure I know there are many good third party cars and tracks out there.

So never understand folk saying iRacing is too expensive as it clearly is not and as value for money and for it's pretty much trouble free easy usage, it is unbeatable value IMHO. And that comes from my mouth as one who used to be so against subscription software, but now the maths really adds up well and I am truly a convert as it has many good benefits.

I am also a Adobe Creative Cloud photographers subscriber too which is excellent value and superb virtually trouble free usage with both the excellent Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC (2014) and of course Adobe Bridge too :) and it is eternally updated and upgraded to the latest versions just like iRacing :thumbsup: All of that Adobe CC package for 300 Thai Baht a month (that is about £5.85 p.m.), so the price of two pints of beer. It used to cost far more than that for buying each piece of this software and having to upgrade it every year or so. Also if pirating this software then a legal proper CC subscription saves all that hassle and troubles that often happen with pirate copies, so just not worth pirating when it is such good value now. Sure I will always continue to openly pirate software I really want that is still sold at what is IMHO truly rip off greedy prices, serves the fat cats right AFAIC.
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD
Phil B
Rookie

Post by Phil B »

I gave in and got one!

Having some fun and got my D licence - although there are some nutters / knobs in Rookie class.

Bought a few cars and tracks once I got over the initial shock of paying.... ;)

Along with Elite Dangerous, IR has probably one of the best Rift implementations out there - great fun.

Hope to see guys out there on the track, although not until I get a better licence...

Nosh.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Welcome Nosh, I also have Elite Dangerous :)
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Welcome Nosh! Licences are easy, just don't expect to make major gains when racing against rookies and never do official races during week 13 :)
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Ray Walton »

Wow Nosh is back :o :)

Hmm this is almost tempting me back behind teh wheel again as I may have somebody to race with now way at the back :moon: Trouble is when I get near he will put the pedal to the metal to get away form the smell of pee :roll: :lol:
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Wow :love: welcome back Nosher.

Get your arse over to Road America hosted sessions tonight.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Phil B
Rookie

Post by Phil B »

Baz West wrote:Wow :love: welcome back Nosher.

Sorry mate - I only have a D class licence :(
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Phil B wrote:
Baz West wrote:Wow :love: welcome back Nosher.

Sorry mate - I only have a D class licence :(
I thought any one could join on our hosted, sorry mate. :(
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Phil B
Rookie

Post by Phil B »

I don't have that track.

Mark mentioned you need a C licence ??
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Phil B wrote:I don't have that track.

Mark mentioned you need a C licence ??
Only official races and a C at 4.0 plus I think it is to race up in a B race.

I was shit anyway 4 secs off the pace, on the bright side I really didn't have a setup.
Last edited by MarkF on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Mark
Phil B
Rookie

Post by Phil B »

So I need to do some D class races, keep clean and Bobs yer Dads brother, right?
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Phil B wrote:So I need to do some D class races, keep clean and Bobs yer Dads brother, right?
Yep, do the same with your C licence and Roberts yer Mothers brother too!
Regards

Mark