Silverstone

iRacing general discussions
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Silverstone

Post by Rik Walker »

Here's my setups for Silverstone. If I could manage my optimal sector times in a single lap I would be on pole :daft:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MarkF
Super

Re: Silverstone

Post by MarkF »

hehe, I am still MIA I am afraid, just need to knock out a couple of metal brackets to secure the pedal plate and I am ready to jump back in, major revision yet again of my pedal area on the Obutto to make the change between rudder pedals and race pedals easier.

Also Elite Dangerous is taking some time and that will be released 16th Dec, I am sure you played that first time around Rik?

On the bright side my home brew is looking very good and tasting even better from the couple of samples I have had :clap:
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Will be good to have you back, was beginning to wonder if we would need to sack you for S1 :lawyer:

I spent many hundreds of hours at least with the original Elite on my old BBC Micro. About a year ago I ran across an updated version of it, http://www.oolite.org/ and spent a few tens more on that. I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time on Elite Dangerous but as with pretty much all new games these days I'll wait for the inevitable patches and pick it up when it is available on sale.

Last time I made home brew was when I was at Uni in a hall of residence. Left it in a cupboard over the Christmas vacation and when we got back half the bottles had exploded :lol:
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Who is this Fisher bloke?
Yes it will be good to have you back Mark, you had better get some practice in before that beer is ready :) not such a high scoring season for me. Nice podium for Rik safto. I am finding it difficult getting over 100 points.

That beer looks gert lush
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Beer deffo is lush :cheesy: nothing exploded just yet :o you will have to get yerself over Baz for a sample ;-)

Now, next season we will have to talk about, I just wish they had dropped week system in the team championship too as I will not be racing every race, some of those wacky tracks will get dropped by me and I am not buying an oval just to race. I also do feel a self induced pressure to race so I do not let you guys down as every race counts.
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

There aren't any ovals or even rovals on the schedule. There is Indy Road but that's a pukka F1 track - not the greatest, but it was at least designed for cars approximately like these (unlike every single one of the rovals which were intended for very different beasts). The tracks on the schedule look like being:

suzuka
indy road
interlagos
spa
vir
road atlanta
sebring
zolder
watkins class boot
barber
zandvoort
oulton int no chic

which is a long way from the really weird choices that some tried to foist on us! I would have thought that a long term member like yourself would have all of those already - Barber & VIR aren't exactly high on the list for anyone newish to iRacing but they were staples early on.

I may not run every week, but none of those tracks are auto-drops unlike Oran, Homestead, Pocono, etc.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Rik, yep got all them, I haven't really been following the forum closely, but some really weird stuff seemed to be talked about, I just don't get the we need to change tracks all the time because I am bored crowd, I thought this was F1 not a club racing group. If I had my way and the tracks were available we would race F1 tracks only.

But I can live with that schedule as you put up.

Posted about the team points too, best 8 weeks is better I think.
Regards

Mark
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Yes Mark I would like to do some organaliptical monitoring with you some time :lol:

Just finished the SoF god these new boys are fast. I suffered with my slow Q time as usual so started P20 out of 23. Patience paid off and looked after tyres. I took 4 clicks of F & R wing off Tapanis set and still couldnt go over 160 on the straight, had a nice little dice with Luis after he span for 5 laps he was all over me but I know how to defend don't I :D Took a slightly diferent line with out cutting kerbs through Magots and Becketts and he span taking too much :byehi: then James Rawson was slowing lap by lap and I was getting quicker, so finished P13. only 105 points a top 10 would have been 140 odd :( so close but one of my hardest races for concentration and lonely.

Yes I wished we could have some dropped weeks then we could plan a season or just have top 2 score in a 3 man team that would even it up a bit and create a little more competition., yes?

I wont be around next weekend Rik but I might try and catch the Thursday night race if it goes official. Wednesday did this week.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast