Phillip Island

iRacing general discussions
MarkF
Super

Re: Phillip Island

Post by MarkF »

Issue resolved, my intelligent 8 socket power unit is on the blink, kept cutting the power to the hub and then reinstating it, so it looked like a fault, :oops: cancelled engineer and back to reliable network.
Regards

Mark
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Nice one Mark, so you gonna race? No pressure but you do need the points :D
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

106 points, beat Jesus and MarkP in that race :thumbsup:
Regards

Mark
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Good result in the 2.30 Mark got 106 points and P10 I got 124 and P7 :victorydance:

Hill was in front and I nearly got him last lap but someone saving fuel got in between us.

Nothing to loose now so going to try the Strength of Field race. :thumbsup:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Well done guys! I think I'll probably duck out of the SOF race, been trying to improve my qual time & just getting really frustrated with the track & myself :(
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Yes I tried a Q and went slower, then the SoF race was not that strong, 35 cars but only 2382. Thursday night was strongest at 2742 and I came 9th for a poxy 79 points :upsidedown:

I made a mistake first lap at the hairpin rode the kerb alright but got on power to early and had to lift or end up in armco. :oops: Lost 9 places from P13 to 21 :cry: great fighting back though, just couldn't get Bas on last lap only 0.007 in it, ended up P13. No more points :( , J H got P6 but did not increase his score. :cry: He sent me a PM congratulating me on beating him, and said he wouldn't do SoF then there he is on grid right next to me, draw your own conclusions :kisswink: so beat him in Championship by 34 points :banana: :checkeredflag:

So overall out of 252 drivers Rik came 9th I came 21st and Mark 34th.

Rik came second in Division 2 by just 25 points.

I came 9th in Div 2

Mark a close second in Div 3 loosing by just 17 points.

Great season chaps, really enjoyed it. We did Legends League proud :cheers: :halm:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Grats on beating Mr Hill, I know that must feel good :lol:

Unless any other races go official I think we've come 5th in the team championship which is hitting above our weight - Ligier came 6th in the 1978 season so we beat that :)

Top 10 overall certainly meets my individual expectations for the season. Especially as I hadn't really considered how many strong new / returning drivers there might be. Looking at just those who were racing last season, only 3 of them finished ahead of me.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Well I fucked up Oulton, just wasn't up to racing that week, so we could probably have had a better result?

But well done team, our first foray into the Legends team.
Regards

Mark
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

WE can all look back and pick a bad one Mark but I expected us to do worse than we did :thumbsup: I have just checked and we have done enough to hold 5th in Team Championship, I reckon we have 398 points, 4th had Pickfords mob 385 so its a good job your internet problem was solved :love:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast