Mid Ohio

iRacing general discussions
Baz West
Super

Mid Ohio

Post by Baz West »

Here is Gernot's set he shared in Monday practice. I was doing low 13s defo a 12 in there.

You will like this track Mark. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Baz West on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Re: Mid Ohio

Post by Rik Walker »

Baz West wrote:You will like this track Mark. :thumbsup:
Yep, slide city. Not my cup of tea but I would expect it to be the most fun track for Mark this season.

Here's my WIP setup. Best is a 1:12.3 but I hope to get into the 11s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Sry guys, you won't tempt me, too much to do this week and no racing pressure :lol:
Regards

Mark
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

OK no probs Mark, I will only get 2 races in this week, and miss Brands :( See you at Bathurst :cheesy:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Rik Walker wrote:
Baz West wrote:You will like this track Mark. :thumbsup:
Yep, slide city. Not my cup of tea but I would expect it to be the most fun track for Mark this season.

Here's my WIP setup. Best is a 1:12.3 but I hope to get into the 11s.
I used Gernots and took a few clicks of wing off front and rear, it is so much fun and you feel like you are really pushing it with a high downforce set. But as you say ice city is probably fastest.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

First one solid points 99. and beat Mr Hill. The start is so important I made 2 places and thats where I stayed. High downforce is much more stable for race, and easy to defend.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Good race for Rik and me Saturdaypm Rik P5 132 pts, me P9 from P13 101pts. Dont think my additional 2 points make much difference Rik :roll:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Did the 5.30 and got P3 and 115 points :victorydance: Great race started P4 then whilst in P3 lap 2 threw the car off track down to P9. Fun fighting back with high downforce forcing mistakes in front another 4 laps might have seen P2, but happy with 115 points.

Off on hols tomoz :banana: so be back to try a race at Bathurst.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Good result Baz. Not sure I can do much better this week. My race setup was too slow on the straight so lost out on lap 1 and only just kept enough of a gap to Mikka for the rest of the race to avoid him getting a run.

Have fun on your hols!
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Just opened first bottle of red :lol: and thought I would check results :roll: sad ain't it? Great result Rik 140 points. 26 not bad haul between us.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Make that 160 now :)

Had two excellent races today. First one I got Gregor at the start and although I was able to pull away buy a couple of seconds I lost that lead when I had to stand on the brakes when a certain Italian spun and rolled his car back across the track - he did brake in time but no way would I ever trust him to do that... After that Gregor was looking for a way past for lap after lap but I didn't make any mistakes & held him off. The leaders were long gone of course in case it sounds like this was a battle for the lead :lol: Started 10th & finished 7th.

In the SOF race I started 13th and made a couple of places on the opening lap. Was stuck in a bit of a freight train until the guy ahead of me span at the last but one turn. I just avoided him but that spread things out a bit. Caught Antti who had been at the front of the train but he got a bit more consistent and I was caught by Victor & a recovering Mattias. Two small mistakes was all it took for them to get by but I did make up a place when Antti ran wide at T1. Ended up 9th which I'm happy with in such a strong field.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Great job guys :banana:

Sounds like you had a better week without me :clap:

Fantastic week away, only an hours drive from home, so warm it felt like July, we had no sun tan lotion or many summer clothes, lots of fishing and total rest week.
Regards

Mark