rF2-TWFR35 Championship- Round 1 - Croft V1.0

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula Renault 3.5
Bogdan
National

Re: rF2-TWFR35 Championship- Round 1 - Croft V1.0

Post by Bogdan »

Rouke wrote: Its rf2 itself, peeps are fed up with it. don't tend to invest innit. too frustrating. and rightfully so. we cannot even have a password without peeps having issues or starting from the pitlane because its bugged.
Too bad that rF2 is still plagued by these small, silly problems (e.g. pwd has to be typed in repeatedly). The physics are great (the most important aspect for me) and the features are quite extensive. But these minute issues do accumulate and they are obviously having an impact on the popularity of rF2. Let's see how this championship pans out and we'll be able to better assess the longevity of rF2 for league racing.

If all else fails, there is always GSC2013 by Reiza. It's pretty amazing what those guys have been able to do with the old rF1 platform. GSC still has some of the best FFB in the business. They're about to release a 2014 F1 mod based on the new power plants. The net code is solid, but unfortunately I think we all want to look forward. Assetto Corsa needs to mature. Anyways, I digress.

B.
Ryan
National

Post by Ryan »

K.Butkiewicz wrote: Tracks -
Ryan wrote:shorter tracks are our friend
- I wouldn't be here if the schedule was filled with some unknown/short tracks. Well-known, good quality tracks would be a better choice IMO. It's a shame that there is no Sebring on schedule for this season ;)
It's a double edged sword....New members would be attracted to racing on a track that they already know, such as Sebring or Silverstone, but racing on a 3.5 mile track would put me to sleep with fields this size (Chances are high that other cars will be out of sight). We're in this league to race other drivers...not our own laptimes.

I do agree that two servers would be great...one for the championship at all times - but of course that's a money deal.

I think having the room passworded for the race is the best move - Race day is crunch time - if it's that person's first laps on there, they have no business with us at that time. There are 6 other days, including 2 public club races, to be invited to run on Sunday.

I'm sure this has been tossed around before, but I also believe that three 10-15 minute races would be more thrilling and keep people around longer in the case of there being a catastrophe at the start. You can even invert the grid for the final race :thumbsup:
Last edited by Ryan on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
K.Butkiewicz
Rookie

Post by K.Butkiewicz »

Ryan wrote:(...)New members would be attracted to racing on a track that they already know, such as Sebring or Silverstone(...)
And that's exactly what you wanna do right? Attract new members.
When someone joins a league he/she wants to be competitive. I bet many more people know tracks like Monza/Melbourne than Croft/Essington. I'm not saying that all the tracks in the schedule should be well-known trakcs but at least at the beginning of the season such tracks should attract more players.

Ryan wrote:(...)but racing on a 3.5 mile track would put me to sleep with fields this size(...)
1. Sebring was just an example ;)
2. If more players would be attracted (and you've agreed that that should happen) than we wouldn't have "fields this size" anymore ;) It's just a theory and it's probably to late to change anything this season but it's definitely something to think about before the next season. :)
Last edited by K.Butkiewicz on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.