Race Report Poznan F2 1960

rFactor 2 Winter Series I & II
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Race Report Poznan F2 1960

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Only 5 peeps but it was great fun. Rik chose the non optimal F2 car (rather than the F2B) which I assume was to slow himself a bit and make the racing a little closer, :thumbsup: never the less Rik did get pole. :lol:
I quailed in 3rd, got away well, thought about having a go at Rik into T1 but with the tyres not being up to temp decided not to be an ass an potentially screw things up. Ralph was in the lead with Rik just behind him, I managed to maintain a reasonable distance to Rik hoping that Ralph/Rik would start duking it out :violent: and perhaps present an opportunity for me to get in the action too. :oldgit: Not sure which lap it was but it was fairly early on, Rik went off track at T1 I think, that paved the way for me to grab 2nd spot and start chasing Ralph. Caught Ralph up and started to turn the screws on him and made a nuisance of myself, :clap: meanwhile Rik was recovering from his off and catching be bloody quickly, only a couple of seconds behind, too few laps left thank goodness, I chased & harassed Ralph all the way but he held on for a great win.

Race 2 was a random grid, started from 2nd spot, got away and tailed Rick into T1 and had a go at him in T2, drifted into Rick and I spun out, got going again, passed Rick a few laps later, then Ray, and lo & behold I was then scrapping with Ralph again, :lol: who held on and maintained his 2nd place. Rik took the 2nd race pretty comfortably.
I won’t be around this coming week end unfortunately but will hopefully make the week end after that.

Regards,
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Re: Race Report Poznan F2 1960

Post by Rick Stratton »

Not so great this weekend. With the leaders turning 41's and 42's, I found myself WAY off the pace managing only high 43's on a good lap, 44's on an average race lap. Race one I spun on my own a dew laps in and spent the bulk of the race alone. Race 2 I managed a little better, had some fun laps trying to catch and pass Ray but couldn't manage to pull it off.

Thought I had a decent setup going in to the day, adapting one I'd built for Loch D a few weeks back that had me turning respectable lap times. But either it's a complete mismatch for Poznan or others have adapted better to these cars. I noted in watching others that I was spending way more time 'sideways' in comparison, so this week along with dedicating some time to building a better setup I'm also going to need to spend time rethinking how I'm driving these things! :o
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

I had a great meeting, a win and a second place :victorydance:
Somehow the driving style required for these cars suits me better, years of GPL probably helps. And Rik's setup was pretty good too!
Both races turned into long defensive battles against Bret who drove very respectfully. I got a bit hot under the collar from the pressure but had drank just the right amount of Merlot, finding a good balance between calm and recklessness..... :halm:

Is this a mini-championship again? :clap:
Image Image Image
Paul Langford
Super

Post by Paul Langford »

Bah!! I got the date wrong........for some reason I thought we had a gap week :roll:
Image Image Image Image

Car #69 2009 TWFA CHAMPION
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

The points scoring race is indeed this weekend Paul (and then every fortnight), but we're having informal races on the off-weeks - a bit of fun but also to help us be as prepared as possible for the points race and get more fun out of it :)