Brands Hatch

iRacing general discussions
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Brands Hatch

Post by Rik Walker »

Qual & race setups. You should probably try Tapani's from the forum too Mark.

Unusually I was able to make tonight's 18:30 race and had just regained 3rd and was opening a gap when I lost my internet connection with 10 to go :mad:. Wasn't going to be a huge number of points but would have been a nice banker ahead of the weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rik Walker on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MarkF
Super

Re: Brands Hatch

Post by MarkF »

Cheers Rik, not sure I will be ready to race today, but may have a punt in the 16:30 subject to unpacking and catching up on stuff.
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Got 3rd this time after another race long battle, but it was a low SOF so only 122 points.

ps: updated race setup with a bit less wing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rik Walker on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Well, done my race, 48 points, had a spin which totally buggered the front wing and that was that, only had a chance for about an hours praccy incl qual too. So with the GP tomorrow may well be that the SOF is the only chance I get.

Just cannot trust this car.

If it doesn't click by the end of the season will probably look at a multicar series next season.
Last edited by MarkF on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Mark
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Either I have turned into a complete twat on the track this season or I am putting too much faith in the new drivers, taken out yet again, in the early laps, about to throw the towel in, the racing here is now about on par with any Iracing series. So I might just as well try another bloody car.
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Sorry to see you having such a hard time Mark. But when you've cooled down, go through your replays and ask yourself the question "what could I have done to reduce my chances of being in that accident". It's rare that there is nothing we can do.

As for trusting drivers, well it's a case of choosing the right ones. I had to almost park my car in T3 on lap 1 because those ahead slowed but I know Gregor & could trust him not to run into me, and then when he got alongside me into 4 as a result I was happy to go round the outside of it with him inside - and then side by side through the next 3 turns as well. But I would have backed out if I didn't know he could be trusted. Got to pick your battles.

I suspect if you try another series you'll end up back in CTC with a different perspective :lol:

Anyway, I started 4th & finished 4th after a lonely race apart from traffic. Had hoped to run with the top 3 for a while but that 1st lap battle with Gregor meant I had already lost touch with them by the end of the 1st lap. Got 136 pts so I probably won't bother with the 16:30 GMT race unless it splits.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Well done Rik, 3rd in the SOF, way to go :banana:

For me I need to just slow down, not worry about giving the team points and just race my own race, I think the pressure is getting to me, also I knew this weekend would be hell as I just got home from Holiday and lots of chores to catch up on, I normally do not race under these circs, for reasons that are now obvious :o
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Woo hoo, podium in the SOF top split!! 208 pts :victorydance:

Needed attrition among the top drivers to get it and it was another fairly lonely race, but that's by far my best sim racing result ever against such strong opposition.
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Yeah, take it easy mate & just try and have some fun. I've never even driven the iR version of Bathurst so I'm not expecting any great shakes next week. Team pts are something to aim for but only as long as we are having fun doing it. So please don't feel any pressure to race just for the sake of it.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

The way I am looking at it is that it is 5 points we wouldn't have had if I didn't race, that could make a difference, as to Bathurst, it is a trial :lol:
Regards

Mark