It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fuji Report
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:41 pm 
Super

Well that was a D I S A S T E R!!!!

Leo decided to race me on the warm-up lap which didn't help my concentration.. what he was playing at goodness only knows...

Corrado then turned in on me into T1 causing my car to suffer damage, not sure how much the bump from Phillipe had to do with it but caused me to shoot way over the apex as it happened just as I was about to turn in....

David Faria then added to my woes approaching T2, although looking at the replay was probably 50/50 as I had moved right slightly to open the turn although he did have acres of room to his right and why he wasn't on the racing line (rather than mid track) I really don't know...

Then finally into T1, Lap 2, I almost took Corrado out, sorry bud, and Dale tried to take advantage.. I hadn't a CLUE he was there and we collided.. I was tracking out to mid track which I had to do to make the the turn.. so who's fault it was.. well I'm the CS and I really am not sure!!!

So that basically ruined my race.. the car was 'ok' but traction was horrendous.. causing a spin.. and losing me about 1s/lap...

Then to top it off my fuelers filled to a level when I'm sure I had it set to 'add' so short fueled and I had to stop a second time....

in short...

CRAP

2012 Chief Steward
Race Report Writer

Post subject: Re: Fuji Report
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:45 pm 
Super

O well, qualified way off my pb and getting barged past and cut up like 4 or 5 times during the race kinda killed it for me so quit before I through my steering wheel out the window. Own mistakes also contributed to this :mad:

Anyway night everyone.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:49 pm 
International

sorry Grant for the contact
it's my fault

philippe

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:57 pm 
National

well done winners
was sturggling alot with the heavy car and some faster bends, could have practiced more aswell as i left many setup changes for the last minute and raced with a badly understeering setup
totally bogged the engine at start but wasnt overtaken, kept a reasonable pace picking off who i could on the straights, had a stable run before and after the pits running where i should be according to my pace, was closing on Simon well on the last laps and overtook him easy in first corner but i heard him spin in the background and decided it would be smart to do the same so gave up that place and almost one more.
it still close in the standings and would be almost equal if it wasnt for my le mans penalty, next race me and G will have more equal weights so will have to see which car is stronger in the next track :P

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:58 pm 
Super

NJ Metcalf wrote:
O well, qualified way off my pb and getting barged past and cut up like 4 or 5 times during the race kinda killed it for me so quit before I through my steering wheel out the window. Own mistakes also contributed to this :mad:

Anyway night everyone.

Hey Nigel,

I had no force feedback at all- I felt like our tangle was unlucky. :shock: I will definitely look at it, but I hope it was just racing. :byehi:

Ciao,
Antonio

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:51 pm 
Club

Qualify: Brilliant, love it when you guys Q on a no stopper, makes me look much better than I am. PB for me on a Q anyway.

Race: What the hell, on take off the car showed the overheat symbol which threw me off. I was taking it easy, or so I thought, but was catching the guys in front of me on acceleration. That threw me off also. So then I'm over braking to compensate and slipping like crazy and cars are passing me like I'm not there. I looked at my position fall to 11th from 4th. Come on, really, 7th maybe!! Paul is behind me probably saying what the hell is this guy doing as I'm sliding all over. I tried to settle in but came up with the same situation a couple laps later dropping me to 18th. Finally, I got my stuff together to come back to 13th and ran into 4 guys racing when Philippe comes out right between us slowing everyone down. At that point I decide to pit just to notice Nigel had just entered also and stops right in my pit box. Great, lost 10 seconds there and came out 19th. Just played catchup the rest of the race to finish 14th. Better luck next one. Job well done to the top 3. Thanks David M. for letting me pass, much appreciated.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:09 pm 
Super

Kat wrote:
Corrado then turned in on me into T1 causing my car to suffer damage, not sure how much the bump from Phillipe had to do with it but caused me to shoot way over the apex as it happened just as I was about to turn in....

Sorry Kat, we were 3-wide into T1 (which I'm partly guilty for) and you were in a blind spot, I was just trying to see where you were, when Philippe clipped my left rear and un-settled my car, enough to make it snap on the right and touch yours :(

Funny enough, I didn't pick up damage from the contact with your car, while I had a bent rear suspension from the contact with Philippe...

Quite a messy Lap1/2 overall, I had to take avoiding manouvers a few times, losing positions and concentration... after those 2 hectic laps I just worked to bring it home safely.

"If in doubt....flat out!" (Colin McRae, 1968-2007)
"diobo' ragazzi... quanti siete! !" (Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011)
Image Image

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:10 pm 
Super

Antonio Wojahn wrote:
NJ Metcalf wrote:

Anyway night everyone.

Hey Nigel,

I felt like our tangle was unlucky. :shock: I will definitely look at it, but I hope it was just racing.

Antonio

In both of our little touches I never saw you at all mate, both times I was caught by surprise, I think you touched with Toni/me and Roman in the same corner....I watched the replay and I can see you would get pissed off a bit after the 5th or 6th spin......I don't think its a natural overtaking place at turn 4, the one after the long fast right hander, if your on the racing line(over to the far right) you have to throw the car in and commit to the turn and if someone gets up the inside it will prolly end in tears :cry: .....hard luck buddy :(

I just cannot drive these Brabhams(or anything from the 79 mod tbh) fast at all, no pace, so Qualy was a surprise to be in the front half, I can be consistant in them though, but not quick just constant lo-mid 34's which made for a quite eventful race, lots of overtakes and lots of defending, back markers added to the fun, the only contact I had was with Nigel very minor wheel touches with no damage, but Nige span both times :( I had good battles with Roman/Toni/Nige/Mitch ....... started 12th finished 12th :(

Car #69 2009 TWFA CHAMPION

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:45 pm 
Novice

i had a good race with some crazy first few laps...
qualis: in practice i saw that i will be in crowd at start and that i ll need straight line speed so i decide to change my wings to realy low downforce and hope for the best... 7th place , was disappointed
race: good start and 4th after T1 , good place to be , fight my way to 3rd and than on 4th lap Leonardo attack...close but i run away. Vadim was 3-4 second away in 2nd and i decide just to stay in touch with him and see how fast he will be through 1st stint. I make my stop on lap 17 but i need 18 and didnt take enough fuel and panic attack - will it last or last few meters DNF... on lap 19 Vadim exit pits
right in front of me and on cold tyres he didnt have a chance in T2. Than few quali laps and i was 3-4 seconds away from him but FUEL was to low and i start to calculate will it be enough but i was on Simon in second place and it was rough pass cos i was starting to lose time on Vadim and could not give any seconds away to do it nicer cos i dont have fuel to go on max attack... but Vadim couldnt make an extra effort and i was safe, finish with few liters to spare - again mine wrong calculations on second stint but i was happy it was over... :)

Last edited by Damir Horvat on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:07 pm 
Super

Corrado Toxiri wrote:
Kat wrote:

Sorry Kat, we were 3-wide into T1 (which I'm partly guilty for) and you were in a blind spot, I was just trying to see where you were, when Philippe clipped my left rear and un-settled my car, enough to make it snap on the right and touch yours :(

Funny enough, I didn't pick up damage from the contact with your car, while I had a bent rear suspension from the contact with Philippe...

Quite a messy Lap1/2 overall, I had to take avoiding manouvers a few times, losing positions and concentration... after those 2 hectic laps I just worked to bring it home safely.

Was a wierd one, technically I overshot the apex a little but I think I was concentrating on keeping spacing around me ( well ahead) and probably aiming for a late apex/good exit ( forced by the tight line)... I'll be honest I didn't even realise we were 3 wide ( not sure I knew we were 2 wide although I would have kept it tight as a precaution).

I thought the hit was from David Faria and behind me - rather than beside.. I didn't even realise you were so close.

2012 Chief Steward
Race Report Writer

Post Number:#11  PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:24 pm 
Super

What a joyfull result! For someone who just today really started practising, 11th wasn't such a bad result...
My qualifying session went within expectation, with a 1:34.3 on hard and full tank. Got 19th place and everything was good for a non-stopper.
My start was awfull as I dropped to second to last before T1. There I didn't touch anyone (at least acording to my replay), avoiding any incident there. Everyone was trying to gain places there, so that was really messy. You guys say you were 3 wide, but at times it seemed like 4 or 5 wide! T2 me and Kat bumped (and honestly i don't know why I'm not more to the roght either...). I took to my advantage every mistake or crash between other drivers, and by lap 2 I was 18th. Kept on going, spun and by the middle of the race I was ~15th. Lap 25, Bret is closing when I'm 9th, I make a mistake and he passes me. A few laps later Toni came and revenged Le Mans with a beautiful pass!
Finished 11th. Not happy, not unhappy, just pleased.

Well done Grant for the amasing race, btw!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:35 am 
Rookie

My first race in Legends League was a really fun one, started in 5th but jump to 4th since Mitch didn't made a good start but i lost it on turn 1 to Damir, later on i hit him from behind but fortunately he didn't spin since it was more of a light contact, i didn't got any damage from that so i guess he didn't got any damage either.

I was up to 4th place when Antonio went wide while fighting Damir on Lap 4, which i lost when Pablo passed me and from there on we started to fight each until lap 20 i guess. On lap 7 Nik came close and pass me and later Pablo too, so now i was 6th which was the positino i was holding until i made my Stop in lap 19.

When i was exiting the Pits and braking for turn 1 i i got hit and spun, it was another Brabham but from what i notice during the race and later on the replay is that i didn't see him on the mirror when i was coming out and i sure he didn't saw me too when turning in, so i think it was a race incident and fortunately only i got the worst situation since i spun and the other Brabham was able to continue .

That cost me a place to Nik since i did comeback in front of him and Pablo after i made my stop, Pablo was right behind again after i recovered from the spin but on the entrance of the last corner i was on the inside and he tried to go to the outside (that was the result of a previous overtake attempt one corner before), unfortunately we hit each other since there wasn't enough room between us, i should have left more room or i should had just let him go to avoid that from happening, i spun to the inside of the track again, but at least Pablo got clear and i didn't lost too much time, only 3 seconds from him.

After that all i could do was to try to catch the people that didn't had made their stops yet (not sure if anyone completed the race without pitting) while trying to reduce the gap to Pablo, i wasn't able to catch him again but i did climb back to 6th so it wasn't a bad result but next time i hope i can avoid this mistakes since they could have costed more in terms of time and damage, i really enjoyed today's race and i can't wait for the next one.

see ya

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:40 am 
Rookie

Kat wrote:
Leo decided to race me on the warm-up lap which didn't help my concentration.. what he was playing at goodness only knows...

:? i'm not sure but are you mentioning me ??? because i wasn't even close to you on the warm up lap (i was in front) , not sure if there is another Leo on the league since i don't see another one on the Registered Drivers list on the site. so i'm little confused here :?

Last edited by Leonardo Antunes on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:32 am 
Club

Leosouza, Man are you kidding me. I missed you in the introductions. :welcome: Glad you had a good race. Dale and I race with Leo in our F1SR league, very fast and safe driver.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:38 am 
Super

Consistency, check.
Early setup, check.
Good pace, check.

Only outqualified by Mr.Benchmark.
2nd place, all good.

My first good start, ever.

Lost concentration end of first stint, went wide here and there.

Damir closed the ~3 second gap, overtook, he pitted shortly after that.
I could stay out one more lap.

Pitstop, all smooth. Not perfect, good all in all.

Cold tyres, the missing gap. Couldnt defend after T1 against Damir.

We then both stormed for Simon Bagget. Damir was ruff as I read.

Same here, I made a Senna like move for T5, slow hairpin.
Was really good under braking, took the chance since Simon had a struggle with his tyres. We had contact, thankfully no drama.

Really want to APOLOGIZE Simon. Basiclly the only wrong decision that race, triggered by pressure I felt (Nik was closing in).

Rest of 2nd stint I followed Damir, could close the gap to 1 sec., didnt want to push and lose the race.

Gratz everybody.

On to MandarinMayhem!

https://soundcloud.com/factmag/fact-mix-327-disclosure-apr-11

Profile E-mail