2016 F1 Qualifying rules

All non-league discussions
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

2016 F1 Qualifying rules

Post by Rick Stratton »

Flipped on the DVR to see the F1 season starter in Australia and the TV crew started talking about the new Qualifying session rules... As they were explaining the new rules, I kept thinking, "What a fucking disaster this will be! The track will be barren for 90% of each session..."

Sadly it looks like that is exactly what happens.

Hopefully the drivers [and teams] will not be afraid to speak out freely [and publically] to the FIA to get this ridiculous new Q rule set thrown out and return to a format that has worked brilliantly for years now.

What is it with the FIA that they just can't leave good things alone... :moon:
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
MarkF
Super

Re: 2016 F1 Qualifying rules

Post by MarkF »

Rick Stratton wrote:Flipped on the DVR to see the F1 season starter in Australia and the TV crew started talking about the new Qualifying session rules... As they were explaining the new rules, I kept thinking, "What a fucking disaster this will be! The track will be barren for 90% of each session..."

Sadly it looks like that is exactly what happens.

Hopefully the drivers [and teams] will not be afraid to speak out freely [and publically] to the FIA to get this ridiculous new Q rule set thrown out and return to a format that has worked brilliantly for years now.

What is it with the FIA that they just can't leave good things alone... :moon:
It has been thrown out by the teams, just needs approval by the Committee, as was pointed out on our coverage, it was back to front, the nail biting rush was at the beginning and the end was just boring, the pole sitter could have waved the finishing flag himself.

No spoiling your viewing, but I rather enjoyed watching that race.
Regards

Mark