IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT RE LEGENDS LEAGUE FUTURE

All non-league discussions
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT RE LEGENDS LEAGUE FUTURE

Post by Ray Walton »

Hi All

First of all let me publicly thank Bret for an amazing and successful roll as MD of Legends League for so very many years. You have been amazing mate and we shall all miss you. I take my hat off to you and assure you that Legends League will never forget you and all you have done. Three cheers to Bret and I sincerely wish you every happiness and success in your life. Please though promise you will always stay in touch with all your friends here mate.

So yes as Bret said, as domain and website owner I will be taking over in the hot seat (no longer very hot these days :( ) but purely in a caretaker of the league roll, so although I will be acting MD for the time being it will be a very laid back low key roll.

As you will all realise due to lack of activity Legends League after many years of being at the forefront of on-line sim racing has gone into hibernation for now. It is not dead and I will ensure along with our admin team that, at least for a further year, we remain here and available should anyone want to start and reactivate this old established sim racing league again. We will place an appropriate poster on the front page of our website to reflect our current hibernation state so keep an eye out there for any developments that may take place. Many thanks to Ralph for that excellent as always poster. Of course the Legends League forum will remain fully open as always so please try to pop in and say hi from time to time and look out there for any developments that may hopefully occur to bring the league fully back to life. It will be completely down to you guys to make it happen as without your support and participation of course it just cannot happen. For those of you with legends-league.com email accounts, they too will remain open and activated until further notice.

I will be very shortly paying out, from our just sufficient remaining league funds, for the next 12 months web hosting and domain registration fees so we are fully able to remain here for this year at least, waiting for any activity from you guys. If we are to continue after this year, and to remain here along with our excellent forum to keep in touch, then we will need some donations during the coming year. We currently need a little under £90 to fund each years web hosting service and domain fees, though we may be able to reduce that a little bit by cutting down the size of our hosting package quota. So any small donations will help keep us alive.

Personally I do not sim race any more due to limitations of being a bloody old git :oldgit: and not in a position to be practically able to start a new championship or even friendly occasional weekend events. But if anyone wants to rekindle sim racing activity here with whatever racing sim you feel is suitable then please contact me or any member of the caretaker admin team and if you can prove via the forum activity that there is sufficient interested support then of course Legends League will fully back you. As to the caretaker admin team well I can confirm that John Wallace is willing to remain as Membership Director and Ralph has kindly agreed to assist when ever needed again with his excellent eye catching posters. Once we have established who will still be willing to remain on the admin team I will post a list of the caretaker team members.

So thanks for your time in reading this announcement and regret that it is not better news, but at least the good news is we are not going to just disappear after all these years. I am happy to be able to keep the dream alive and wish all our members here every success and look forward to staying in touch with you all. Thank you all for the support you have give to Legends League over all the past years.
Last edited by Ray Walton on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD