assetto corsa

All non-league discussions
Bogdan
National

Re: assetto corsa

Post by Bogdan »

You guys should try the new AC 1.3 version. Massive improvement in the FFB. AC has always excelled at weight transfer and overall feeling of tire friction, but now with the improved FFB, it feels quite enjoyable to drive. Below are notes from the official AC forum, if anyone is interested. After the last 4 weeks trying again to get used to iRacing, just driving the Lotus 2-11 in AC feels intuitive and natural unlike some of the cars in iRacing. It has once again highlighted my inability to get used to the driving dynamics in iRacing. This type of juxtaposition between iRacing and AC and/or rF2 has really convinced me that I just can't deal with iRacing frustrations.

As a result, I hope to see rF2 back in focus here at Legends. An AC league would also interest me quite a bit. In the meantime, I may seek an AC league somewhere else.

Physics:
- New ABS system which now supports 1,2,3,4 channels. Cars should stop better now. (obviously realistic distances)
- Active differentials also at the rear wheel drive cars. I'm not talking EDLs supporting mechanical diffs but actual active differentials. They can do some great tricks... try the M4, Ferrari 458, Ferrari LaFerrari for some amazing results.
- EDL differentials now active also at the front of AWD active systems. Yes we managed to eliminate some (not all) understeer from the Por... sorry RUF AWD. The Nissan GT-R pulls some amazing tricks too.
- Modified Front splitter height sensitivity for some cars will make some famous turns not so easy to do.
- Added wheel offset simulation in suspension so that you can simulate more easily and accurately the correct suspension scrub. Scrub value is also available in the dev app "suspensions"

V5 Tyre model:
Our tyre model evolves with each release and this is a big step forward! We now have completely reworked load sensitivity equations, new over the peak curve, different flat-spotting based also on load, modified and corrected rolling resistance equations, new heating values and simulation of both surface and core temperatures with speed (from air speed) sensible cool down and more. All of that in the core system

Because of all those changes in the core system, we have put a massive effort to completely rework all the tyres for all the cars. That's more than 130 files each of one with at least 2 compounds, usually 3, sometimes 5... the struggle was (is) real.

As such, the bad news is that some of the cars are still on the V4 tyre model (which is still compatible so your mods also are not broken). The good news is that there are just 7 cars that are still on the V4 model, namely:
Ferrari 312T, Lamborghini Miura SV, Lotus 49, Lotus 98T, Lotus EXOS 125 (and S1), Shelby Cobra 427.
As you can see, they are all either extreme single seaters or vintage tyres. We need some studying to do for them and couldn't make it in time. Expect an update soon™

All the other cars are on the brand new V5 tyre model!