Nissan to enter LMP1 for Le Mans 2015

All non-league discussions
Frank Oreskov
Super

Nissan to enter LMP1 for Le Mans 2015

Post by Frank Oreskov »

I must say this news has surprised me, Nissan has announced plans to enter two LMP1's aiming to outright win Le Mans 2015. No further details yet but it does sound like the top class at Le Mans and WEC won't get dull anytime soon. I still haven't found any news about next year's GT class though. It's been said this is the last year for GT2/GTE/GTLM cars and they'll switch to GT3 cars next year, I really hope not since I find the GTE cars so much more elegant and in some cases also better sounding. Edit: Just found out the plans are so far scrapped, they had trouble on agreeing between a joining of GT3 and GTE so it will be at least 2 years before anything happens.

This year however Nissan is arriving at Le Mans with an electric car in the experimental garage. It has been revealed however it's not totally electric after all but it's still interesting how it'll do.

Ligier is also on track with a closed LMP2 that looks exciting and finally I've heard of a company that's developing an open source LMP! Full access to all data, I wonder if anyone will translate that data to rF2. Speaking of which, I can't wait for ISI to release the 2003 Bentley Speed 8, it'll be the first official LMP for a proper sim I've tried. Hopefully they can get access/permission to simulate the physics faithfully (and hopefully I'll be able to actually control it).

After last year though then I got some mixed feelings looking forward to this year's race. I do hope there'll be some respect showed to Allan Simonsen.
Last edited by Frank Oreskov on Sun May 25, 2014 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image