It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: TWF1 Round 5 - Shanghai-China, race report
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:00 pm 
Novice

Q: 1st: 1:34:011 quite a nice lap but i have to admitt i was hoping for a 1:33:xxx :)

Here is the lap video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn6AT7U ... e=youtu.be

R: 1st:
Had a bad start as usual, lost 2 positions to CoolKev and Grant. After lap 1 Grant had to pit because he jump start i guess. So i was then 2. Kept the gap around 3 sec. from Kev for 6-7 laps, then i start closing on him. At lap 11 i was on his gearbox, he made a slight mistake exiting T2 so i could overtake him at T4. I start pushing from there and open a 6 sec gap before pitting.

Rest of the race was just a "be cool, be safe, keep tyre cold" and i did just that.

Gratz to all finishers, Big thanks to Steve for hosting the server, and legends admin team for running the league. :allhail:

Steeve

Last edited by Steeve Fournier on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: TWF1 Round 5 - Shanghai-China, race report
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:42 am 
Club

Well, my race was basically a shit.

- bad setup: I never was able to setup the car well, understeer at high speed, and oversteer at low speed.
- kamikaze bombing on braking
- cars waving as crazy to not be passed
- drive through, because a little wheel spin while leaving pits

I don't know, or it's me, or it's the new build, or the track, but this race was pure arcade. I couldn't see how to drive in a reasonable normal way. Six hours to setting up the car looks like too much for a single race for me these days, if races will be pure arcade.

Last edited by Damian Baldi on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:35 am 
Rookie

It was a bad race from me. I had collisions with Cookie, Race one?, Martin Bulgin, Jef Vannijlen and Ray Riddall. The collisions with Cookie, Race one and Martin was 100% my fault. With Jeff and Ray I'm not 100% sure it was my fault. I think I gave them not enough space to survive. Sorry guys :(

My speed in race was really good for one stop strategie. I think podium was possible.

Last edited by Marcel Gerber on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:17 am 
Rookie

I qualified rather poorly down in about 14th 15th but had a good start and was running in the top ten, I was going to stop twice but tyre wear was ok so pushed it out to a 1 stopper, my mistake came when I pitted, I flew up the first part of the pit entrance too fast and struck the wall and lost about 20 seconds or so faffing about, it killed my battle with the guys who were fighting for the last couple of top ten spots, thanks to Static (I think) who waited for me when we had a slight coming together.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:53 am 
Legends Admin Team

Not much for me to say... I jumped the start by like half a second, drive thru... After that my speed was brilliant. I kept the gap between me and 1st to around 20 seconds whilst coming through the field so I knew I had pace... Going rather nice and had 3rd place in my sights for the finish but had a coming together with Vadim... Wasn't sure who's fualt it was so waited the 10 seconds for him to catch up but he wouldn't pass me so I'm not sure who's fualt it was. I think it was mine... Not long after that, clipped curb and hit the wall hard. Race over.

Well done to podium.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:38 pm 
Super

I had some really weird moments. :)

I got sandwiched by Grant and Cessna, had a feeling that if i backed off eventually and cool down, u get swallowed up. I have to admit still , that was fun, looked crazy!
Pin-balling between two cars in the turn, i was like fuck this, nowhere to go, u guys go ahead, knock yer selves out, i'll try and follow. I could not.

Also Grant appearing out of nowhere going three wide on the backstretch waaaw Grant. I was totally unaware, overtaking the car in front (J OLiver?), then hearing Grant screaming past, i was like:
GET OUT OF THE WAY! Grant is coming! Already here!
That was nerve racking :)

I touched someone in T1, sry man,
although i had lots of downforce and stopping power, the setup did not fit in the race.
I think he did not see me, everything happens so fast, that was one of the best spots for me to overtake, specially if someone goes wide.
But I did some stupid things too.
That was most apparent when i outbraked Ray in a daring emergency stop, no way i could draft and overtake before braking zone.
Which is weird because with a bit higher wing, i'm driving in draft air but almost no advantage, as if the air is still hitting my rear wing same as in clean air?
Sorry Ray if i scared u, i realised it was a slow exit and bad outbraking spot. Looked spectacular and clean but stupid.
Thanks for not ignoring your mirrors.

I think i gave room and was given room by most people but it didnt matter, i screwed up my pace and tires and loads of errors.
Anyhow still great fun racing the lot of u.
Grant and Cessna, u are a bunch of crazy dudes :)

#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79

Last edited by Jef Vannijlen on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:35 am 
Rookie

Great pics there Jef

Last edited by Mart2 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:46 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Was going to join in with the new build fixing stuff but a sudden easter-eat-fests made me lose control and I stuck around :roll:

Do intend to join the skippy event, hope such a huge track with those cars is fun :)

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:03 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Rouke you smell

Profile E-mail