Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:40 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Connection lost AGAIN...PISSED OFF :mad:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: TWF1-Barcelona Race Reports
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:04 pm 
Rookie

Well that was unique.

I was getting faster and faster in quali, but most people were getting faster again and I was left in P17.
I considered a pit lane start but figured thats a bit of a cop out. Suerly I could be careful?

The car in front of me seemed to bog down somehow and I went to go around him and tapped Maiph? He spun and I stopped and waited till he had got going again and followed. Apologies.
We both got in contact with a group which was nice and I was looking forwards to a good race and then I spun at the entry to the final chicane simply due to dithering about wat gear to be in with full fuel.

Engine stalled-the next bit is the best bit. I rolled backwards towards the pits, figured I might get a penalty for reversing all the way in so risked a 3 point turn and let gravity slowly roll me into pit lane. This took some time.
Once body damage was repaired and fresh tyres for good measure in a prompt 9 seconds I asked for an engine start and was off.

Despite being 2 laps down I figured I might as well have some laps and try to catch the tail end even If I couldnt pass them.

Then about lap 9 i hit the kitty litter and stalled again, game over.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:27 pm 
Rookie

quick report, I'm really sorry to who it was who hit me as I made my way out of the gravel, I find it really hard to get out of round here and I was trying to inch forward and I messed up, sorry guys.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:45 pm 
Super

Sorry Ray for what might seemed like cutting in at turn 1 on lap 1.
Was super late on the brakes, never saw you.

I will have to find a setup that works for me. Being away so far from the pace sucks immensly.
P 7 in a super slow and boring race.
Gratz all finishers and tafkams.

https://soundcloud.com/factmag/fact-mix-327-disclosure-apr-11

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:15 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Bret Metcalf wrote:
Connection lost AGAIN...PISSED OFF :mad:

What a rotten but of luck :peepsofa:

Last edited by Grant Riddall on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:14 am 
Legends Admin Team

Congratulations Tafkams :allhail: Results, vmods, replays all available here - http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... Itemid=608

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:43 am 
Super

That was awesome race for me, some great fun, chasing after J. Oliver who started from pit as well.
Also had a little piece of cookie but big moment in a wall of smoke, i have to turn down special effects because it scared the shit out of me and out of my car. It tried to swap ends on me, slamming the brakes, and i went off. When the smoke cleared i noticed i could have gone "days of thunder" through the smoke.
Later on in the race, i focused on keeping up with Ralph. Stop and go penalty made things a bit lonely for me but eventually i caught up and we had fierce battle in the final laps.
I loved that! Thanks Ralph. Thanks all actually. Good race.
Looking forward to qualify in the next one. :)

#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:28 am 
Club

WOOW amazing pics ! :shock:

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:26 am 
Rookie

race to forget.
Too many stupid mistakes:
- changed the setup in practice 5 min before the race (never a good idea).
- failed to take my grid-position in time and had to start from pits
- went into the gravel, messed up a pitstop, got damage when some poor guy was trying to lap me (sry man) and so on ...

at least the battle with Jef was some fun for a few laps, but after all an awful evening. should have watched tv

grats Podium, greetings, joern

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:34 am 
Rookie

Wow Jef, pics are indeed amazing.

and after I had grabbed a beer once my race was over I watched a very close battle for P1 on livetiming. Gap was .1 sec ? Great stuff.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#11  PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:53 am 
Legends Admin Team

Not sure why but I have lost all my pace, struggling to keep up with chaps I usually run with. Tempted to blame this damn Osella and its strange 'barking dog' engine sounds.

So I lined up way down the grid in 16th, although with a new PB. The start was going well, I was almost took 2 cars before turn 1 but was then tagged from behind and spun. I was last already before the first corner even! But it didn't take long to catch the pack as they squabbled the opening laps, soon I was up to 14th and in a good scrap with Ray, whom I saw plenty of in the race as usual. This was encouraging, maybe my race pace wasn't too bad, as the first cars pitted I was up to 10th. But really struggling with the left-front, I had to do my 1-stop a bit early. From there my pace was ok, I kept tidy and had another good fight with Ray before he got me. Then as I fell into the blue-flag zone I lost a load of time letting the leaders through which gave encouragement to Jef on his fresh tyres. I should thank Roberto here for letting me through under blue flags, mistaking me for a lead car? :thumbsup:. I was heavy on fuel and down to 8% rubber on the front left as Jef pressured me around the last 2 laps, I went wide approaching the final chicane and he got alongside. I thought I might still defend the chicane but I hit him and we both spun, so I conceded the position. Crossed the line 13th, relieved to finish for once! Drove my bollocks off but I was so slow it hurts. :oops: :? :nodance:

Heads must roll at equipe BOUS or something :bat:

on second thoughts maybe we need a second driver :idea:

Last edited by maiph on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:45 pm 
Rookie

At least someone got an apology! Same exact incident type except I slowed in mine.

My race was OK. I previously had problems with my pedals so I didn't get to spend time making setup. I ended up slow down the front straight and didn't plan my pit stops right, I thought I needed three pit stops but really needed only two. That extra pit stop cost me three track positions. I finished in last place. I'll know not to make those mistakes next time.

Steeve F. - I never saw a Blue Flag but I knew you were lapping me so I continued racing through the tight chicanes knowing you could just pass me when we got to the front straight. I never wanted to block lapping cars but I know the straights would be easier and better places to let pass.

Ralph - I had already lost my momentum letting a lapping car go by so I went ahead and let you go by too. Also I knew you were a faster driver than me so I just saved myself some aggravation.

Last edited by Roberto on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:13 pm 
Novice

Hi, Qualified 9th, got off to a good start following Vadim into T1, thought I'd try and slip past on the inside but in hindsight I should have backed out, we touched and Vadim had a wobble, so apology's for that.
Then in T3 I thought I was clear but rubbed wheels with Dyrton resulting in me spinning and others having to avoid me, so apology's for that to.
After that went for a two stopper, had a good scrap with Ralph along the way to finish 11th.

Well done to the Podium

Look forward to the next race,

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:44 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Full report to follow, initial Q review findings as follows

Ralph Maiph : Guilty as charged http://legends-league.com/downloads/rfa ... h%20L9.JPG
Bret Metcalf : Read it and weep :lol: viewtopic.php?p=110943#p110943 http://legends-league.com/downloads/rfa ... L7%202.JPG

Provisional results available here http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... le&id=1432

There results are subject to change in the event of driver protests / other penalties.

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:36 pm 
Novice

Roberto wrote:
Steeve F. - I never saw a Blue Flag but I knew you were lapping me so I continued racing through the tight chicanes knowing you could just pass me when we got to the front straight. I never wanted to block lapping cars but I know the straights would be easier and better places to let pass.

Roberto, i know 1 time i had to pass you for a spot, after my 1st pit stop, maybe its what you're talkning about, so its the reason why you didn't had blue flag.. And i can tell you made it very easy for me, nothing to say but :thumbsup:

My race report to come a bit later, with video of course :)

Great pics Jef !! :allhail:

Last edited by Steeve Fournier on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail