It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Silverstone Round 2....Race Reports
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:40 am 
Legends Admin Team

In preparation for tonight's race..Please post your race reports/screen shots in this thread.

Regards,
Bret

Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Silverstone Round 2....Race Reports
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:35 pm 
Legends Admin Team

So much lag I was becoming a liability and quit after two laps before I was going to take someone out. sorry for anyone I came in contact with, at least 2 scraps, I just could not judge anything, no lines no zones. almost like racing blindfolded.
Reduced settings to minimum, my fps was better then last race with the old build, ping was great. just an overload of something.

Bit pissed off, getting back to simracing is hard enough, getting fast even harder, and when them 2 work out (massive pb in quali) then we facing this kinda crap.

Hope it was better for everyone else. Go KikkoGrant!

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:02 pm 
Club

Too bad to hear that Rouke, I had issues as well... I was running comfortably in 6th when the game just decided to freeze completely on me. Ever since the update I've been getting a lot of crashes, I hope they will sort it out soon. All that practice for nothing :cry:

#6 Ronny Nunez

Last edited by Ronny on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:08 pm 
Legends Admin Team

The main changes where tire physics and virtual cars. we had many tires tonight, and 2 guys using virtual cars. I know those don't work properly and the server might be spiking due to repeating requests to auto-download.

But there's talks of cpu overloads as well (if allot of drivers have that they can worsen the connection for all)

and server-disco's:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2 ... ing-people

it might help if people share their findings over at ISI, report what's going on.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:40 am 
National

Congrats, Grant!

I caught a little bit of the race on LiveRacers and I was pulling for you. I just wish I could have been a part of it. I had a little bit of time this weekend to get back in the rig and was hoping to join the Club race on Saturday, but my brake pedal (load cell) failed before I could do that. Now I need to figure out a replacement/fix.

See you all soon, I hope.

B.

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:04 am 
Novice

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I just wrote a nice race report and when i clicked "Submitt" it sent me to the login screen... lost it all grrrrrrrr.

I won't do it again so detailed but overall, here's my report.

My apologize to Vadim for spinning him. I let him by and when i then catch him back, he let me by himself. Gentlemen Vadim :cheers: But i don't think you should do that... i was responsible, not you.

I had so many overtakes and fights that were as exciting from one to another. Thanks to Dyrton, Ray, Ralph, STATIC, and others i miss. I had a lot of fun racing with you all. Even though my 9th place is more than disapointing (i had podium hopes), i prefer a race with such fun fight at a solo podium race. :thumbsup: I gained a lot of fighting experience, i got to know many drivers, no bad words to say to anyone, that's so GREAT.

Sorry Ray and Ralph for the mess 3 laps from the end. Me and Ralph both lose the car on opposite side while we were side-by-side, we then rejoin the track together and boom, Ray had no where to go so he hit me. He let me pass back a few corners later. IMO that was not necessary, you were not responsible at all. I looked at the replay.

Gratz Grant, Heiko and Pablo.

Many thanks to legends team, Steve, Grant, Bret, Rouke, Ray. :admin: Such a great job guys.

I was lucky not having lag issues like many had.

Last edited by Steeve Fournier on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:32 am 
Super

Intense ! Well done Grant.

#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:30 am 
Legends Admin Team

My god.... I'm still buzzing from last night :)

After I failed to realise my potential at Brazil after my .... Mishap :lol: I had a very deep desire to win here at my 'home' GP... I've raced here countless of time so I knew exactly what setup was required and strategy.

Qualifying went well. Hammered home a 1.29.4, never thought I would get pole by 0.800 of a second so that gave me such a boost for the race. Definitely needed!
I decided to go with a 2 stop strategy again. These turns don't mix well with worn tyres and I was surprised to see I was the only one :o I needed a 3 second gap by my first pit stop and to then be within 4 seconds of the leader by the time they pit for it to work.

Then the start of the race went smoothly, a slight tap into turn 2 by RaceOne but nothing serve so I pushed on and tried to open a gap up of around 3 seconds. Through the 13 laps of my first stint the gap stayed around 1.7-2.0 seconds so I was feeling reasonable about that. By the time I dived into the pits my front left was on 8%... A downside to my setup was the tire wear unfortunately. Pits went brilliantly. In and out in no time and rejoined 15 seconds behind RaceOne and Pablo. I had clear track, fresh tires and felt good. Pushed as hard as my car could handle and started catching the front 2 by 2 seconds a lap! This was more than I expected ( remembering hamilton against Rosberg after he pitted here :kisswink: ).

Within 6 laps I was behind Pablo, he dived into the pits. RaceOne carried on to my surprise. Not 1 or 2 laps but 3 laps! I was surprised to see his tires holding up. He defended well, I eventually passed him to regain 1st place and instantly pulled 2 seconds ahead until RaceOne went into the pits. I carried on and had a 15 second gap when RaceOne rejoined the track. Over the next 6 laps I pushed as hard as I could but by the time I needed to pit for the last time I only had a 13 second gap, I needed a 15 second gap to have a chance of rejoining in 1st.

Again I dived into the pits. RaceOne and Pablo passed and went 3 seconds ahead. In no time at all I was with them again. Fresh tires really benefited here. However these two can defend well and they did. My tires suffered fast behind these two so I had to make some moves to try and free myself up. I first went for Pablo into Turn 1 and just managed to get him. Next was RaceOne and after some laps of battling him I finally managed to pass him. With the fresher tires I overtook him on the outside of Turn 7 (old Turn 1) and after that it was a case of management. Finished with 9 seconds in hand and couldn't feel better!

Needed this win to get myself back into the race of the championship and to also give me a morale boost as I was secretly feeling off with the pace

Well done to everyone and especially RaceOne and Pablo. Both of you raced so fair with speed and its a pleasure to see that in this League.

Also a special thanks to back markers once again. It's so very appreciated to see blue flags are respected throughout the race.

Keep and eye on the site in the next couple of days. We have a special surprise for you :kisswink:

Last edited by Grant Riddall on Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:06 pm 
Rookie

Started P25, finished P13, had some fun. Not so bad :-)

rF2 freezed after practice, rF2 freezed after qualy. It didnt freeze when race-session started, fortunately. I pressed the RACE-Button as soon as possible after the session started, maybe that saved me?

Qualified 22nd, but had to start from the back of the grid (P25, not so much difference). Probably because the server told me i had left the race in the middle of qualy-session :o which wasnt true, i was driving all the time.

The first 10 laps were fun with plenty of other cars around, spent some time behind Oleg, nice battle until i got a hit from behind and spun. The rest of the race was a little bit lonely :zzzzz:

Whenever i had a blue flag, i tried to jump out of the way, remembering the drive-through i got in Brazil. Cost me lots of time :roll: but P12 was far ahead anyway.

Grats to Grant and Podium. Looking forward to Monza, greetings, Joern

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:28 pm 
Rookie

Well, i saw the replay of the race. I dont understand how you detect the names of racers in replay - It do not show it. I have to hit someone on williams, makes him spinning, and i think it was Joern Oliver. Its accords to post before. If so, i bring my appologise to Joern Oliver. Sorry for funny english.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#11  PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:42 pm 
Rookie

About problems on server: in a second half of race i saw black screen on my monitor. The race was over for me. I tryed to came back on server, but it writes that mod is not installed. Mod became to be "installed" after restart the RF2 launcher.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:54 pm 
Rookie

np, D1525

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:57 pm 
Rookie

Joern Oliver, what means np?

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:00 pm 
Rookie

I see - it means not problem

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:08 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Quote:
D1525-Well, i saw the replay of the race. I dont understand how you detect the names of racers in replay - It do not show it.

I also had a little look at the replay and could not find the driver names either when changing from car to car...anyone who has the cure please let us know. :)

Profile E-mail