It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Results-Report-Interlagos-Round 1
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:15 am 
Legends Admin Team

Hello everyone, :)
New drivers, new mod, full grid etc, a great first race overall...many thanks. Qualifying laps are a problem at the moment, please treat this as a learning curve for the next race and make sure you clearly understand the qualifying rules regarding what is considered illegal. :)

Race results & standings have been updated. Here

Stewards Report:
30% race points deduction applied to the following drivers for illegal qualifying laps: If drivers wish to see the screen shot of where they accidentally cut please let me know.

CoolKev -fastest lap 1:10:145-Turn 7-Apex Entry-3 wheels on kerb
IsR tafkams-fastest lap 1:10:176-Turn 3-Apex Entry- wheels on kerb
H-R Paul-fastest lap 1:10:968-Turn 6-Apex Entry- 3 wheels on kerb
hardtohandle-fastest lap 1:11:194-T2-Apex Entry-3 wheels on kerb
Chariot-fastest lap 1:11:938- T2-Apex Entry-3 wheels on kerb
D1525-fastest lap 1:12:557-T7-Apex Entry-3 wheels on kerb
Ronny Nunes-Fastest lap was illegal but Ronny started from the pit lane..no points deduction applied

One Stewards Enquiry: David/Joern
Joern-2 point penalty applied for not yielding the place back to David after making contact in the braking zone at T4. The points deduction results in Joern effectively losing one place in the standings to David. David did lose a lot of time as a result of this accident and that took away his opportunity of gaining a higher finishing position …just wanted to mention we do acknowledge that consequence.
We are sure that Joern is a driver of good standing and this was just an oversight on his part, so whilst we acknowledge that the penalty is not too severe, it does serve the purpose of creating awareness not only to Joern but to other drivers as well that if you accidentally nudge another driver off track one must make a judgement call as to whether it was your mistake or not, if yes…yield the place back as soon as possible, even if that means you lose more places during the race, if no, by all means carry on with your race and if the enquiry comes to us a decision will be made by the Stewards.

Thank You
Bret

Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Results-Report-Interlagos-Round 1
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:40 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Quote:
Ronny Nunes-Fastest lap was illegal but Ronny started from the pit lane..no points deduction applied

Keep this in mind peeps, if you start from the pits for whatever reason (usually illegal laps) let us know so we don't accidently penalize you for the fastest lap you did.

Last edited by Rouke on Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:41 pm 
Provisional

Hello ... i have a question it was said two wheels on tarmac ... is it now two wheels when u on the line or over?

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:56 pm 
Legends Admin Team

We required drivers to have 100% of them 2 wheels on the Tarmac at all time. All drivers who have received penalties qualifyied without managing that, hence the 30% point deduction.

Last edited by Grant Riddall on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:57 pm 
Provisional

What u mean with 100% ... and how many % was i off?

Nevermind was my fault i thought tarmac=white line.

I pushed to hard i was over the limit i had a bad angle in this situaion. I wanted to set another hotlap but i was blocked from a car and my time was +0.086 behind my cut hotlap :( ... sh*t happens :) i give more attention next time.

Greetz Paul

Attachments:
tarmac1.jpg
tarmac1.jpg [ 384.58 KiB | Viewed 6197 times ]

Last edited by H-R_Paul on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:44 am 
Novice

H-R_Paul wrote:
What u mean with 100% ... and how many % was i off?

Nevermind was my fault i thought tarmac=white line.

I pushed to hard i was over the limit i had a bad angle in this situaion. I wanted to set another hotlap but i was blocked from a car and my time was +0.086 behind my cut hotlap :( ... sh*t happens :) i give more attention next time.

Greetz Paul

This picture looks legal to me. Can an admin explain me what i don'T understand? In my mind, tarmac ends where curbs start?? I am a bit confused.

Thanks

Steeve

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:48 am 
Rookie

Grant Riddall wrote:
All drivers who have received penalties qualifyied without managing that, hence the 30% point deduction.

I would be interested how drivers managed it in the past if they had unclear laps. Did they leave the server and watched the replay? Before the race i thought that i will do that to be sure. But there was the situation that many not registered drivers joined the server. Because of that i was afraid that i could not have been able to rejoin. Sure, they would have been kicked. But in Imola i saw that Race One who made the pole rejoined and was set to the last place because warmup was finished.

Btw: Do you know how they got the password? I saw that in Michele's stream the password was displayed. But i suppose they didn't get it from there. That was a weird situation. I guess for you admins, too.

Edit: With "unclear" i meant the situation if the lap maybe be illegal. Normally you are on track and next session starts pretty soon after the end, so that you don't have the chance to review the lap on the server.

Last edited by tafkams on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:18 am 
Legends Admin Team

Paul, this is the corner that we deem to be Illegal. Turn 6. Your front left wheel is not completely on the tarmac. We require 2 wheels to completely be on the tarmac at all times. This is ultimatley why your lap was illegal.
Hope this helps to clear it up for you.

Attachment:
rFactor2 2015-02-12 10-09-08-25.jpg
rFactor2 2015-02-12 10-09-08-25.jpg [ 252.32 KiB | Viewed 6118 times ]

Attachment:
rFactor2 2015-02-12 10-09-20-47.jpg
rFactor2 2015-02-12 10-09-20-47.jpg [ 295.71 KiB | Viewed 6118 times ]

Throughout the years this rule has been enforced with NO exceptions. We always encourage drivers who feel they may have set an illegal qualifying lap to CHECK there hotlap replay BEFORE the race starts. If you find you start at the back of the grid after leaving then speak and we will use the grid edit to sort that out.

Anyone who sets an illegal lap MUST either start from the pit lane (like Ronny) or choose a different car or driver and start from the back of the grid. Anyoen who wants more information please look at this page within our rules.
http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... Itemid=317

Last edited by Grant Riddall on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:11 am 
Rookie

Grant Riddall wrote:
Throughout the years this rule has been enforced with NO exceptions. We always encourage drivers who feel they may have set an illegal qualifying lap to CHECK there hotlap replay BEFORE the race starts. If you find you start at the back of the grid after leaving then speak and we will use the grid edit to sort that out.

Anyone who sets an illegal lap MUST either start from the pit lane (like Ronny) or choose a different car or driver and start from the back of the grid. Anyoen who wants more information please look at this page within our rules.
http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... Itemid=317

Thanks for your information. Expecially the part that you will edit the grid if there are any problems. Was my first league race ever and i'm still learning :)

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Just to be clear why we do this: we have reviewed qualifying laps for many years and you would be amazed with what people come up with to find time and go under the radar.
And since we cannot always know how a driver gains, sometimes its a setup thing its sometimes difficult to see if they had and advantage or not and very lengthy discussions about it sucked up our time or for the stewards.

So to avoid confusion we went 'black & white' , so either you are 100% legal or you are not. no discussion , same for everyone :)

Another reason for this is we feel its up to the drivers to make sure they are legal, not up to the stewards to spend a week debating qualifying. we send the responsibility back to the drivers and it worked very well in the past, we have seen many drivers checking themselves every race, and many drivers going 95% just to be sure they are legal.
Its actually very easy as well, just keep qualifying in the back of your mind when practising and you soon will know what is good and what not. one does not need a replay to check them, you should be able to know on-track, slow down, try again.
I even slow down and try again when I am 70% sure :)

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#11  PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:33 pm 
Novice

Rouke wrote:
I even slow down and try again when I am 70% sure :)

That's a very good tip! When you have a doubt, just slow down to make sure it will not be your fastest Q lap, and try again, or keep your already scored Q time. :thumbsup:

Steeve

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:39 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Hello everyone,
Thanks for your patience, we have decided to wipe out the penalty points some drivers accumulated in qualifying, apparently, there was a problem with the server replay so in the interests of fairness all points will be re instated. An announcement to clarify this cutting rule will be made in the next couple of days.

Kindest Regards,
Bret

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:23 am 
Legends Admin Team

Results updated :)

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:16 am 
Super

What exactly went wrong with the replay file?

Sounds lile a fair move though - :mrgreen:

https://soundcloud.com/factmag/fact-mix-327-disclosure-apr-11

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:29 pm 
Legends Admin Team

we could not access the server replay which would of given us a true aspect to who cut and who did not. Due to this 3 people were borderline cutting. Whilst the others cut either way. However due to fairness we had no choice as to wipe all penalties.

In future we will be using the server replay so there will be no excuse :clown:

Profile E-mail