It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Interlagos race reports
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:55 pm 
Legends Admin Team

I was having an enjoyable race chasing Bret. Then just after my pit I got crashed into retirement by one of the new guys. :mad:

Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Interlagos race reports
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:38 pm 
Rookie

Two cars collided on lap 1 just after the first chicane and as they bounced off the wall and each other I didn't quite make it by them and was thrown through the air into the central bit over the fence, car was very damaged and I couldn't see a way to get back over the fence on to the circuit, shame about that.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:10 pm 
Club

First, thanks to Legends League and all the organization, it was a great event.

Second, thanks to the gods of the energy and connectivity. To have an entire hour of energy, and internet at the same time, in south america in summer, is almost a miracle.

The race was great, I had a good start but the car suffered of understeer so I was losing rhythm at the end of each stint.

See you at the next one :cheers:

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:48 pm 
Rookie

What a Race!

Qualified P24 or somewhere, and after lots of fun and quite a few battles I was racing on P13, which was far more than I could have expected, great :cheesy:
Sorry to David(?), one time I bumped into you in T1, race incident I hope.
Sorry to hardtohandle, I didnt want to make the same mistake again, braked early in T1 because there was someone in front of me... Too early for you I'm afraid, I only saw you leaving the track trying to avoid contact...

P1, 2 and three lapped me without any Problems. P4 (Damian?) took a little more time to close the gap, I had blue flags for a few corners, and just before I decided to let you pass, i got a drive-through-punishment for ignoring blue flags :daft: I was so shocked I went offtrack. That sucked big time. I lost P13 and finished on P16.
Is it possible to switch off that blue-flag punishment or ease it a little?

Anyway, great race, so much fun. Big Thanks to Legends League for organization.

Greetings, J.Oliver

Last edited by Joern Oliver on Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:50 pm 
Super

3rd place finish :clap:

Absolute personal best in Qualy, 1.10.2. Good enough for P4.
Very very close stuff. My lap is clean, I checked it...good news.!!!

Was asleep at the start, baaaah. Lost some places.
Positive thing, it all went clean for me and the ppl. around!
Quite a shock on lap 7 I think...CoolKev slid mid corner at turn 4, little pile up with Michele I think.
Could repass Damian there though.
Had the tyres displayed on the HUD for all the race.
Was wondering why I was 3rd after my pitstop.
Didn t question it, had a very consistent and nearly error free pace on par with all the front runners mostly.

All backmarkers did a great job btw, thanks a lot.
Very pleased with the result, plus i ve beaten Grant in Q and R....HAHAHAHAHA.

Awesome, thanks for organizing this LL.

https://soundcloud.com/factmag/fact-mix-327-disclosure-apr-11

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:51 am 
Legends Admin Team

Quote:
Mart-Two cars collided on lap 1 just after the first chicane and as they bounced off the wall and each other I didn't quite make it by them and was thrown through the air into the central bit over the fence, car was very damaged and I couldn't see a way to get back over the fence on to the circuit, shame about that.

Unlucky for you mate... :( Hope the next race is better for you :)

Quote:
Ralph-I was having an enjoyable race chasing Bret. Then just after my pit I got crashed into retirement

I was looking forward to that scrap Ralph as we are, as usual, very well matched with each other pace wise, hopefully, Denis will be posting something describing what happened.

Pleased to get into the 1:11's in qually,used H2H's set up he kindly sent me...Thanks bud.

Was also very pleased to see Rouke back in action.......... :clap:

At the start I was really slow away which caused H2H just to clip me a little, that sent me to the right & I clipped Ralph,
no damage to anyone I hope. Safely through lap 1 in 14th spot chasing STATIC whilst H2H & Ralph were just behind me. Lots of action all the way through the race for me...
to cut it short I had battles with lots of drivers, STATIC, Denis (D5125), Ralph, Rouke,H2H,Ray & Ronny to name a few...all very fair np. Ray actually got past me on what was the
last lap...bugger, anyway...well done Ray..that kept it exciting all the way to the end for me.

What a great turn out, standard of respect from what I have seen was high...so well done to everyone & keep it up. :)

Congratulations to RACE ONE for the win..tremendous consistent pace.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:21 pm 
Club

Well I signed up for this really late and started practicing with 2 hours to go, so I wasn't expecting much.

Oh man it turned out to be one of my most enjoyable races ever, even though I finished 11th.

I used Damian's setup as it suited my driving style, I did increase the aero to 35/35 though wich would seriously slow me down during the race, but with all that downforce I could really attack the infield. His setup was running a longer gear ratio so that made it easier on the tires and the car more relaxed to drive.

I qualified 18th, I was baffled by my lack of speed. I was literally giving it all in quali and just couldn't believe how far off pace I was, I was watching the leaders as well and nothing seemed off about my lines. Then I decided to start from the pits since I wasn't 100% sure my lap was clean, I was all over the track trying to find time.

The start was... uneventful as one would expect starting from the pits. Gained some positions quickly due to an accident after the Senna Esses. Then I got into a battle for a few laps with Ray, it was then that I noticed that I was running too much downforce, I couldn't get past any car in the straights. Some laps later I got involved in a tangle in the Esses and avoiding an aciddent somebody touched me and I spun. So back to 21st.

Then eventually it was all push push push, I was slowly getting to grips with the car and constantly improving my times. Thanks to Damian's long gears I was easy on the tires and had no grip issues before my first stop, the car was handling great while the others were struggling. With the fresh tires on I couldn't believe the lap times I was doing, very consistently also, I was very happy :) Not as fast as Grant and the guys upfront but close enough.

I gained many positions and had many great battles. I had a grin when I was approaching Rouke :lol: then we joined Bret for a nice 3 way fight for some laps. Unlucklily Rouke ran off the track and I had a free way to chase STATIC. Got a fantastic fight with him but my top speed just couldn't get it done in the straights, but I was still very pleased. I had found at least a second during the race and had close and fair racing all throughout :allhail: :allhail:

I will make sure to get proper practice for the next event. Thank's again guys for putting this together, Legends is as competitive as ever :banana: !

#6 Ronny Nunez

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:27 pm 
Legends Admin Team

I had a nightmare first race but somehow salvaged a good result under the circumstances I provided :lol:

Not as much practice as I would have liked. Although I pumped in some decent times in qualifying but still only managed 5th. Hands down to RaceOne with that 1.09.9.....

The start of the race: I decided to go with a 2 stop strategy and knew I could win with that. When the lights went out I managed to gain a place of the slow to start Vadim. Then another from CoolKevs mistake. Laps 1 ended and I was 3rd, not to bad. After a couple of laps I started to hammer in some laps and took 2nd of Tafkams. Pressed onto RaceOne and got within a second until lap 15 came and I pitted.

Everything went smoothly and to plan. I was too come out on fresh tyres and hammer in lap times and regain the gap. Well....... :lol:

....... I came out the pits and throttled the rears and hit the safety car. Dead stop and lost my front wing. ( yes I can say my mouth dropped :shock: ) so then I had to then drive a lap without no front wing..... I lost near a total of 50 seconds including the crash, a lap without no front wing and the pit stop which cost me 12 seconds alone!

I rejoined 19th and told myself to drive my f***ing tyres off. And so I did. I regained position after position and then my tyres started to wear down again. I was following Pablo Flores when i pitted and thought Pablo would be my target at the end of the race. I left the pits for the 3rd and final time and went for it. I regained a few positions here and there and then towards the end of the race I was 8th with H-R-Paul and Pablo in my sights.

Thier tyres were shattered and on the last and final lap I breezed past both of them with my fresher tyres and came home to finish 6th, which I was happy about after losing near a minute.
I feel I could have easily challenged for the win but I'm not disappointed with my race. I just had so much fun and was great to see this championship rolling.

Well done to RaceOne.

As far as I'm concerned everyone for me respected blue flags and there was no lunges or anything. Very respectful.

Also good to see there was actually no chat in qualifying or the race which I was happy about :)

See you at Silverstone which is my home track so expect no mercy. :violent:

Last edited by Grant Riddall on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:13 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Didn't feel ready to start a new championship at all but I promised myself I would try and i'm glad I did.
My first serious attempt with the mod as well so I was pleasantly surprised it felt so nice and simple after the FR35 championship where so much had to be taken into consideration which was way too distracting for me. With this mod its just pedal the medal and go mental with it. I like going mental.

Practise was looking good all week and set my goal to be conservative and finish, the rest would come later. which worked well. the Race was pretty great and the only times I really lost time or places was because I made silly mistakes myself. Had some good and fair runs with people!

I practised the pit entry and exit, but never the pitstop itself. so when going in I was like, ok, lets enjoy the scenery a bit. only to find out the stop was finished, 10 seconds ago..... :roll:

A good clean re-entry was all I needed and it made me hungry for more. too bad next is Silverstone, I hate that track (but equally hate Malaysia lol) so this one is going to be iffy for me but that's ok, plenty of good one's to come.

Congrats Race One! and everyone else :cheers:

Last edited by Rouke on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:34 pm 
Rookie

Thanks to all was a very very nice race :)

i had problems with my tyers because i started with to much presure. After my stop tafkams was 5 sec behind me and i thought i can finished easy but was not so :neutral: .

He attacked me as he can and we drive very hard together but fair. :D

See you next race :cheesy:

Last edited by [GER]Race_One on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#11  PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:48 pm 
Legends Admin Team

I suspected there was something wrong Heiko as I noticed your rears were sliding more than normal, that's why I pressed harder before my pist stop :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:56 pm 
Rookie

I had a great time. Had some excellent battles along the way and manged to finish the race 10th on one set of tires. Not sure why I did that but it worked out ok.
I am actually quite surprised at how well the race went overall considering the maxed out grid. I was sure there was going to be complete mayhem in t1 but it didn't happen.
Really excellent start to the season :thumbsup:

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:12 am 
Provisional

i tryed only some hours before the race. I had some problems with my setup on T2 for this reason only p8 on Q, but the race was something different, my pace was similar as race_one, but the setup was orrible, too much understeer and i never tryed a pitstop so when i had to do it i get a stop&go and i lost the top3, with my high top speed if had taken race_one i think i could have won :mad: :mad: . Very funny to race with you.

This is my entire streaming of the race

[removed due to exposure of password]

and this is a little highlights of my race with my overtakes

Last edited by Grant Riddall on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:01 am 
Super

Your defensive move against Tafkams was irratic---changing line in the last second--- :roll:
Other then that...driving like a man possesed---nice! :banana:

https://soundcloud.com/factmag/fact-mix-327-disclosure-apr-11

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:32 am 
Provisional

Vadim wrote:
Your defensive move against Tafkams was irratic---changing line in the last second--- :roll:

I don't remember maybe u're right tell me the minute when that happen

Last edited by michele d alessandro on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail