Pre-season Magny-cours Race report

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula 1 [ASR F1 '92]
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Pre-season Magny-cours Race report

Post by Steeve Fournier »

First i need to say that i can't record replay because my computer lags too much. I wish i could see some replays.

Q: 9th
At my first attemp i was passed by d1525 as i was trying to leave a gap in front for a clean lap. At last corner, d1525 hit the wall at exit and i had nowhere to go so i hit him. Failed attempt. then i never could get a clean lap as i'd wish. 1:15:5 was disapointing lap time for me.

R: 6th
I need to know how to get a good start, i always lose some 2-3 positions. I use the clutch, maybe i should not. Any help would appreciate.
T2 L1, someone passed like a rocket on my left, i could fell a cargnage coming in T3 so i was very distracted and made such a stupid mistake myself, running wide in the sand. Like 3-4 other cars was there with me, hopefully i'm not responsible for them. If i am, my apologizes to all, feel bad about it. Once in the sand i had some weird lagging, like the car would not react, i was turning left and it kept going str8. First thing i knew i had my car pointing at the track with my nose ON the track. Someone hit me there, I am so sorry for whoever that was.

From then, i was 17th with some little car damages and 30 sec lost. I had a good run, pitted with 28 min. left, with 23% left on my LF tyre (worst of all 4). I also had a good run in 2nd part, except a big mistake just after Bret let me by at hairpin. Lost 1 position there on Grant or is it Ray Riddall ?!?!? Manage to re-overtake Grant or Ray few laps later. Then drove the car home safely.

Gratz F. Marra, CoolKev and Race_one for podium. Gratz all finishers, that was fun!

Cu next track!

Steeve
Life is short, ride fast
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Re: Pre-season Magny-cours Race report

Post by Bret Metcalf »

What a great event this was and a great mod imo.

Qually went fairly well although a couple of laps were ruined because of traffic, I caught one chap just at the wrong place, he did try to let me through though,but one driver specifically needs to learn some manners & etiquette..:mad:

Anyways...the race. My apologies firstly to Ralph, I tapped him from behind under braking at T1 :( and also because of that I caused some other drivers to go off...please accept my apologies to whomever was involved because of my mistake.

I got going again without damage fortunately, from there on in it was great fun, had some good scraps, made up a couple of positions too only to lose them again because I made mistakes. I pitted after about 17 laps for new tires. Got cracking again only to go off a few laps later and damage the car, pitted, got repaired and off I go again :lol: Made up a position late on when Static had a problem and then managed to overtake another driver...I think it was Roberto... who got the position back again when my cell phoned rang :lol:. Well done Roberto, I enjoyed racing with you :) I enjoy the cars, still a lot to learn about getting the best out of these cars that's for sure.

Thanks to the majority of drivers that showed respect, that was great to see.

Cograts to Marra and the podium.

As an additional note ...please don't chat until everyone has finished racing
Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.