It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: ASR F1 1992 @ ISI Indianapolis 2007 GP - 30th Nov 19:00 GMT
Post Number:#46  PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:21 pm 
Club

Grant Riddall wrote:

Please don't think we've always been about open servers Damian. Legends as a League has been through, and just coming out, of a very tough period..

Back when we raced GP79 in RF1 with full blown championships we were hitting around 30 drivers. All respectful and considerate. Out of 30 we would have about 25 finish an hour race !! It really was like a real race weekend. I've always noticed Legends has had some of the cleanest battles and races I've ever encountered.

But recently we have been in the 'recruitment' stage for our league. We want numbers to have a successful league running here. So hence the open servers to try and recruit new polite members.

If you know a lot of people who would want to race here then is it because of the open servers why they are not? Because that is only temporary. If they joined now they could get to know us and what were about.

Eventually we are going back to passworded servers, so please don't think we're only open server based :)

I know I know, I was part of those races here with GP79 back in 2007 or 2008 (with my loved Brabham-Alfa) , and the good thing about those races was the good competition and fast drivers.

I meant that there are drivers looking for F1 1992 races, not particularly here, anywhere, but this could be the first season with F1 1992 (beyond a spanish league) so there are lot of possible drivers. I been hosting races for months, you could ask Mitch about that, he was joining several times.

When F1 1992 was released, we thought automatically in Legends League because this always was the place to drive good F1 cars.

I think that there is a crisis in sim racing right now with rf1 becoming too old and rf2 still with a poor performance. Add to this that there are lot of people using iRacing and AC, so it is not easy to fill a grid with good drivers.However, I think the best bait to attract good drivers is to offer good races, and that's what never happen in open servers.

If the league propose a date for a race, I can ask friends all around the world to join, but it must be a serious race, with password.

Last edited by Damian Baldi on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Number:#47  PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:45 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Agreed Damian, I think we all see open servers as a means to an end, open servers have their problems as we all know, private servers with good clean drivers but only 8 of them also have a different kind of problem. Also, we changed server recently and these weeks have two purposes, to get new drivers in but also test the server.

It is great that Legends has such a good reputation for clean racing and it is absolutely our goal to get back to that again, I think it is much more difficult than in the past with RF1 with it's huge pool of drivers. Right now we are in a state of transition, it is our plan to recreate the glories of the past before too long, I hope drivers will bear with us during this phase.

Post Number:#48  PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:51 pm 
Club

My team mates and I, we all have the same plan. To drive F1 1992 for sprint races, and find a good MOD for endurance races. Last months we were racing at Race Department with a Lola P1, but now that season ended.

I will start to invite drivers to come here.

Post Number:#49  PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:28 pm 
Club

Well...and now? what's next? Portugal? :mad:

Post Number:#50  PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:55 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Next week and the week after we try something different with 2 other sim racing groups to hold a inter league event. Then we will drive the F1 '92 again in 3 weeks, Portugal is as good as anywhere we can race at Estoril then.

Next week we race the Megane at Sebring 12hr alongside drivers from speedracin.com and fun2race.net. Same format again the week after, not sure of the mod most likely F1'92.

Post Number:#51  PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:56 am 
National

Damian Baldi wrote:
Grant Riddall wrote:

Please don't think we've always been about open servers Damian. Legends as a League has been through, and just coming out, of a very tough period..

Back when we raced GP79 in RF1 with full blown championships we were hitting around 30 drivers. All respectful and considerate. Out of 30 we would have about 25 finish an hour race !! It really was like a real race weekend. I've always noticed Legends has had some of the cleanest battles and races I've ever encountered.

But recently we have been in the 'recruitment' stage for our league. We want numbers to have a successful league running here. So hence the open servers to try and recruit new polite members.

If you know a lot of people who would want to race here then is it because of the open servers why they are not? Because that is only temporary. If they joined now they could get to know us and what were about.

Eventually we are going back to passworded servers, so please don't think we're only open server based :)

I know I know, I was part of those races here with GP79 back in 2007 or 2008 (with my loved Brabham-Alfa) , and the good thing about those races was the good competition and fast drivers.

I meant that there are drivers looking for F1 1992 races, not particularly here, anywhere, but this could be the first season with F1 1992 (beyond a spanish league) so there are lot of possible drivers. I been hosting races for months, you could ask Mitch about that, he was joining several times.

When F1 1992 was released, we thought automatically in Legends League because this always was the place to drive good F1 cars.

I think that there is a crisis in sim racing right now with rf1 becoming too old and rf2 still with a poor performance. Add to this that there are lot of people using iRacing and AC, so it is not easy to fill a grid with good drivers.However, I think the best bait to attract good drivers is to offer good races, and that's what never happen in open servers.

If the league propose a date for a race, I can ask friends all around the world to join, but it must be a serious race, with password.

We all think alike around here. Respectful and good drivers are hard to come by, but if I learned anything from my limited time here at Legends is the fact that everyone is top notch and the best group of people with whom to race. Just like Steve said, bare with us for a few more weeks and things will solidify for the better. In between FR3.5 championship races last summer, we used to have open server races and it was madness. I dreaded joining those, but that's how we picked up SteveC, Justin, etc. And they've added great value to Legends. We're hoping that more of the same type show up and stick around for the next championship.

B.