It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Inter league - Corvette v1.43 @ Dijon '79 60 min race
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:15 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Corvette this week at Dijon '79, together with Speedracin and fun2race, usual format of course.

Interestingly, we discussed it extensively and decided to take the OLD Corvette as we feel it is a more interesting experience, so v1.43 as opposed to the current v1.49. The link to the mod and everything you need is on the home page.

Last edited by SteveC on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Inter league - Corvette v1.43 @ Dijon '79 60 min race
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:56 pm 
Legends Admin Team

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2 ... 0GMT%2A%2A

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:14 pm 
Legends Admin Team

a 1.21.5 so far. currently parked in the pits amid a mass club no-show. hmm just me then?

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:44 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Crap sorry :( I forgot... been doing other things.

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:57 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Results http://simresults.net/150215-3uf

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:18 am 
Legends Admin Team

Managed to get some practice in for this one. Did not qually very well though. Was worried about pitting in the race because Ralph mentioned in the warm up session that he could not pit as no pit box showed up for him, so that was on my mind. Had a decent start and was following Paul for a good few laps, then a chap called Francois was in my mirrors and went for a pass on the main straight, I knew he was there so kept my car straight then suddenly we collided, i'm sure I kept my car in a straight line as he was alongside and in fact he was slightly in front so I'm not 100% sure if he moved slightly to the left towards me or not...then we collided, he went off (and types Thanks in chat...made me feel a bit bad so I went off track and waited for him. Anyway...come pit stop time....NO PIT BOX, tried again...NO PIT BOX...so I parked it, watched the race for a little while and then left.

Very disappointing tbh..but that's the way it goes

Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:44 am 
Legends Admin Team

Fun race, disappointing result but all my own fault so dont feel too bad about it. I had a good setup and familiarity with the car and Dijon is fun with its hills and sweeping curves. I was fairly close to the pace too, lined up 5th on the grid but promoted to 4th as Fredd failed to take his place.
The first half Ari was gone, a second a lap quicker. Ray was very quick and I chased him and Static with Mck8 large in the mirrors. We all made little mistakes but none too costly, it's relatively easy to keep this car pointing forwards. We shuffled positions accordingly.
As Bret has mentioned allocation of pit-stalls is messed up in this circuit, didn't come to attention until race day unfortunately. I could see though a lap before my stop that a red arrow was waiting for me so some relief to be able to refuel and get rubber. Not so lucky for Ray by the looks of it which is a big shame because he was on great form. I emerged 6th and after all the stops I was in a solid 3rd place. 30 mins to go and 33 mins of fuel remaining, sweet, I was light and gave chase to Static. But I couldn't keep up, he found new pace and pulled out a 9 sec advantage.
Then with 10 mins remaining I noticed I had only 9 mins 30s of fuel left. Heck. I lifted n coasted, shortshifted and focused on preserving my 3rd place. Static went off late in the race and I was suddenly only a second behind but could not attack. Had to attempt a splash n dash with one lap remaining, I sputtered into pitlane but there was no red-arrow for me this time and I think I rolled to a halt before the finish line so lost 2 places. Bah! :tongue:

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:14 pm 
Novice

Hi, at first I did not think these cars at Dijon would go together, but after a few laps I soon changed my mind and dialed the car in with some decent laps times. Qualified 3rd was into 2nd at start stayed that way for 20 min's or so until my first stop when my pit crew deiceded I was having far to much fun and buggered of down the pub and that was that. :cuss:

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:02 am 
Rookie

Bummer that there were pit problems for some people. I had a good time. Qualified within a hairs breath of Ari which I didn't think was within any sort of human reach :) (Artificial Racing Intelligence)
The race went quite well for me. First 45min were solid with some good battles specially in the beginning. Near the end I managed to get hypnotized by the track and nearly destroyed my car on the downhill turn. Somehow I recovered and finished the last 10min which felt honestly like an eternity.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:12 pm 
Super

Same as Bret for me, got myself up to 4th and went to pit for fuel/tyres and no pit box :(

Car #69 2009 TWFA CHAMPION

Post Number:#11  PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:56 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Weird, other cars stopped with no problems. Well sorry to hear of this guys :( , I think certain pit boxes must be bugged, or the amount of time after you request pit is excessively long. Do any of you explicitly remember seeing the message 'Pit crew is ready'?

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:42 am 
Legends Admin Team

SteveC wrote:
Weird, other cars stopped with no problems. Well sorry to hear of this guys :( , I think certain pit boxes must be bugged, or the amount of time after you request pit is excessively long. Do any of you explicitly remember seeing the message 'Pit crew is ready'?

Yes...I did see that message Steve.. :)

Profile E-mail