It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: TWF1 Round 1 - F1 '92 - Interlagos - Sun 8th Feb 19:00 GMT
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:14 pm 
Legends Admin Team

The start of the official Legends League championship is here! Round 1 takes us to Brazil for what will become a thriller of an event around the iconic Interlagos circuit. This venue has seen some historic moments in the past, so it only seems right to start our much anticipated championship here. Fast and furious, smooth or aggressive, this track will see it all come Sunday 8th February.

See homepage for all information and links.

Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: TWF1 Round 1 - F1 '92 - Interlagos - Sun 8th Feb 19:00 GMT
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:32 pm 
Super

:banana: :banana: :banana:

https://soundcloud.com/factmag/fact-mix-327-disclosure-apr-11

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:01 pm 
Rookie

I ran a short practice session and a 60 min race against AI today to check it out.
Managed to do a confidential lap time. and decided on my confidential fuel load and my confidential tyre strategy.
I hope that's a help to someone:lol:

BTW the AI drive a nice line and are quite believable but they all managed to break the car and none finished. :checkeredflag:

Last edited by davidporeilly on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:31 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Server is up :thumbsup: From now on the server will go up Sunday nights after the race.

We encountered many problems with the server components of RF2, bugs every way you turn. We used the prototype server as nothing else would work, hence the cryptic vmod name of mpVmod_46286_0.rfmod. Get mod works and get missing component works.

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:52 pm 
Legends Admin Team

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2 ... post337667

Formation lap: on the formation lap please keep a reasonable 1 second gap between you and the car ahead. Let the leader determine the pace of the formation lap. Also, once lining up please do not stop completely to do a burnout to warm the rear tyres.

Good luck all

Last edited by Grant Riddall on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:14 pm 
Provisional

Hi :)
would like to join as well.

Name: Christian Michel
Nickname in rf2: crs

/e why my Post got moved to here from the Sign-Up Thread? :O

Last edited by crs on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:25 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Hi Christian, would you be able to attend a practice race on Saturday at 1500 gmt?

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:07 am 
Provisional

Yes sure, no problem :)

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:36 am 
Legends Admin Team

That's great Christian :thumbsup: I will sign you up for the Championship directly after the 30 min practice race on Sat so long as you do not wreck me out :lol: .

Last edited by SteveC on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:37 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Thanks to Steve for creating this thread for me...unfortunately I could not gain access to our site for the past few days due to some power/electricity cuts over here. :cuss:

A few points I'd like to raise to make everyone aware, to most here I suspect it is just common sense and you have heard it all before, none the less here goes.

As the race director for this series I ask for your cooperation please.

It seems like most drivers I have seen recently are very experienced and know how to race and treat other drivers on track with respect, that's exactly what we want and I'm sure its what we all want. Some drivers are an unknown entity though, in other words we all might not know what some drivers on track behavior/etiquette is like so this is more so directed towards, may I say the, newcomers to racing in a league.

One thing we will not accept is foul language/insults towards another driver on the server...anyone who fires off bad language in chat will be booted and banned completely...no exceptions.

1) If you have a problem with another driver, sort it out in a civil manner...always the best option.
2) Any protests please send me a PM within 48 hours after the race has been completed (not email) and it will be looked into.
3) There have been instances recently were one driver has "nudged" (intentionally or not) another driver off track, took and KEPT the position, be fair, if you accidentally nudge another driver off then when possible GIVE THE POSITION BACK...simple as that, if you cause another driver to crash then simply apologize after the race or in the forum...that tends to take the sting out of the situation and to be frank we expect to see an apology...
4) Formation lap...NO OVERTAKING
5)No chat in qualifying or the race AT ALL PLEASE.

Respect for others goes a long way....

Thanks & Regards,
Bret

Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#11  PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:10 pm 
Rookie

Just in case it helps (it may not as I'm new here too).
Christian Michel is a multiple race winning driver in another very large RF2 community.
He races fast and clean and very experienced.

For myself, I have had 18 months of league racing in RF2 and dozens of races including 3 league seasons without a single report of bad driving against me.

I have read and understood the rules.

edit: Christian I will be chasing you here!!

General Point for admins.
Formula One administration have become more active recently in dealing with copyright. Most probably at the behest of codies but certainly to protect revenues. They have outsourced searching for copyright in fringements. They have been using search engines to look for their key elements such as F1, Formula One , Grand Prix etc.
When found they are sending threatening letters.
It is my strong suggestion that you do not use the expression F1. (eg in the series title and the thread title.)
ASR themselves have begun to use for this very reason the Title "Open Wheel Challenge" when they make mods.
Formula 92, or Open Wheel Challenge etc should be fine. Or of course sticking with Trans World Formula Racing.
Same applies to the mod. When name it or when you link it it should say ASR OWC92 or similar, not F1 92.
But F1 will be found and you might get unwanted attention.
Just trying to help.

Last edited by davidporeilly on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:15 pm 
Club

davidporeilly wrote:
Just in case it helps (it may not as I'm new here too).
Christian Michel is a multiple race winning driver in another very large RF2 community.
He races fast and clean and very experienced.

For myself, I have had 18 months of league racing in RF2 and dozens of races including 3 league seasons without a single report of bad driving against me.

I have read and understood the rules.

edit: Christian I will be chasing you here!!

If he is the one from Race Department, I agree with you, and I welcome him to be here.

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:41 pm 
Legends Admin Team

davidporeilly wrote:

General Point for admins.
Formula One administration have become more active recently in dealing with copyright. Most probably at the behest of codies but certainly to protect revenues. They have outsourced searching for copyright in fringements. They have been using search engines to look for their key elements such as F1, Formula One , Grand Prix etc.
When found they are sending threatening letters.
It is my strong suggestion that you do not use the expression F1. (eg in the series title and the thread title.)
ASR themselves have begun to use for this very reason the Title "Open Wheel Challenge" when they make mods.
Formula 92, or Open Wheel Challenge etc should be fine. Or of course sticking with Trans World Formula Racing.
Same applies to the mod. When name it or when you link it it should say ASR OWC92 or similar, not F1 92.
But F1 will be found and you might get unwanted attention.
Just trying to help.

Thanks for this David. This is helpful indeed and will take this on board.

Again thank you :)

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:51 pm 
Legends Admin Team

crs wrote:
Hi :)
would like to join as well.

Name: Christian Michel
Nickname in rf2: crs

Your all signed up Christian. David and Damian vouch for you and that's good enough for us.

For anyone new to Legends: From now on we will be asking you to attend at least 1 unofficial event or club race. This way we can then assess you.

Last edited by Grant Riddall on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:03 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Please note: We as a league have a strict rule of no chat during either Qualifying or Race. This is to prevent any distractions to those who may be on a Qualifying lap or concentrating hard during the Race.

However.... We have STILL been seeing people chatting during these sessions. As this goes against our rules, consequences will be enforced. A 3 point deduction to anyone who chats during these sessions. The points will then be deducted from thier championship total throughout the championship. We hope this situation does not arise.

Good luck for Sunday.

Profile E-mail