It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 7:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Formula Renault 3.5 @ Loch Drummond, Sun 16th Nov 19:00 GMT
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:40 pm 
Legends Admin Team

See announcement here http://www.legends-league.com/twfr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1386:fun-run-fr-35-loch-dummond-16th-nov&catid=104:rfactor2&Itemid=2

Please note the liveracers plugin is not yet running on the new server, the server is up 24/7 but will not show in liveracers at this point.

Last edited by Rouke on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Formula Renault 3.5 @ Loch Drummond, Sun 16th Nov 19:00 GMT
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:32 pm 
Legends Admin Team

W00t! :victorydance:

Really nice announcement Steve and great poster Ralph!

Will try to get liveracers up and running asap.
Server might need some last settings-tweaks as well so any downtime is probably edit-time.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:44 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Liveracers up and running again.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:53 pm 
Novice

ACE! :thumbsup:

A friend is visiting me this weekend, so I won't make the Saturday Club race, but I should be able to make it on Sunday. This sounds like a wicked combo, can't wait!

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:30 am 
National

Sweet!

By the way - is there a reason for the race settings being time-based rather than using the total number of laps? Lap counting makes it easier to estimate fuel loads, etc.

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:51 pm 
Legends Admin Team

We will use laps in the long term, possibly even this week we will set the server to be the equivalent of 40 mins in laps. I set it to 40 mins as I wanted to announce it asap and do not know myself yet what the calculations are... The 40 min races are also not set in stone, I guess we will go back to 60 mins for the start of the league, 60 a bit long for a fun race perhaps.

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:01 pm 
National

The lag was pretty bad for the first 4 - 5 laps, but things got much better after that. Unfortunately, the disappearing cars of Grant and Locutus were quite distracting and I went off the track a few times at the start. As things improved with the server, I actually enjoyed myself trying to catch Ralph and was able to finally make the pass. After that, I had to conserve fuel and Locutus easily won. My front left tire was down to 5% by the end of the race. Very telling how rF2 punishes if one doesn't put in the practice.

It would be interesting to understand when the flight sim people started leaving the server. Again, by mid race, things were working pretty well as I was able to run very close to Ralph. I'm also wondering if they were impacted by us being on at the same time.

We should discuss scheduling around Mark's commitments to the flight sim. Sundays are really the only times I can join races, but the actual time of day may be somewhat flexible. Anyway, until next time...

Later,
B.

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:29 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Well I am glad you kept going and managed to finish, maybe as a few left the server it freed up resources.

We need to discuss internally about the server, today was terrible, not sure if we are going to be racing next week or not.

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:44 pm 
National

SteveC wrote:
Well I am glad you kept going and managed to finish, maybe as a few left the server it freed up resources.

We need to discuss internally about the server, today was terrible, not sure if we are going to be racing next week or not.

I won't be able to make next weekend regardless. Thanks again for trying to make this work. It's been really good getting back in the swing of things.

Bret - what happened, man? Lost power again?

B.

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:11 am 
Legends Admin Team

Bogdan wrote:
SteveC wrote:

I won't be able to make next weekend regardless. Thanks again for trying to make this work. It's been really good getting back in the swing of things.

Bret - what happened, man? Lost power again?

B.

Hi Bogdan,
I had power, but internet went down.. :( As we know...nothing one can do :) Very disappointed as i was just finding my feet/comfort zone again.

Cheers,
Bret

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#11  PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:40 am 
Legends Admin Team

I was so focused on my one lap pace that I neglected to make a good race setup. By half distance my front left was in a shocking state. Up until then I had been holding 2nd place after surviving the laggy opening laps. Bogdan slowly reeled me in and made a good pass into turn 1 after which I decided to coast the right hand turns and pondered making a pit stop. I had also neglected to set a pit-in button after a recent re-install and as I was trying different keys I went off allowing Justin to close right up and pass. Finally I pitted about 5 laps from the flag, 32 seconds stopped FFS! I emerged alongside Ray, an exciting moment and from there I vainly tried to salvage fastest lap. Finished 4th. :neutral:

Last edited by maiph on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:12 pm 
Novice

Well, it was good to get back on track with you gents again. I must say I've missed having some proper focus for rf2, so much so I'd been finding myself jumping back on iracing more and more.

Despite the server having a wobbly moment at the start of the race which caused me to get punted off on the parade lap, things soon settled down after the first few laps and the racing turned out to be really good. I did my best to hang onto Ray for the first half of the race, before he made a small mistake and ran wide through the long double right hander after the chicane, which allowed me through, after that I was pretty much alone, but noticed after a while that I was closing on Ralph and knew he must have a problem, so I got my head down and eventually managed to catch him. Despite Ralph clearly having an issue with his car, getting past him wasn't easy at all. My set was basically the same one I used for the final twfr round at interlagos, but with shorter gearing. Maybe not the quickest, but that's usually down to the prat behind the wheel, than a problem with the car. Thankfully my tyres held up really well and was able to run relatively consistent laps for the whole race.

Super chuffed to bag myself a podium, even if it wasn't really deserved and even more chuffed to be racing with you guys again.

Steve, I'm sure the server issues must have been a big kick in the nuts after all the effort put in to organise this event, but please don't be disheartened. Things turned out great in the end and as bogdan suggested, if our races are going to clash with the flight sim chaps, a different time slot would be absolutely fine for me.

Thanks again gents, until next time. :thumbsup:

Justin

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:10 pm 
Legends Admin Team

our problems sunday might have been related to this:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2 ... eaved-race

I noticed this as well now that it is pointed out, I even made sure I checked whom left and if they would return. to me it felt like one or more users where causing lag and I thought it was their connections.
Now it seems it could be this leave-problem?

Especially since we ran with less issues with more drivers before. and the same amount on the flightsim server.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:36 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Hmm interesting, so theirs not an apparent fix for this yet, or even a temporary one?

Profile E-mail