It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: What's going on?
Post Number:#16  PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:16 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Steeve Fournier wrote:
Good to hear some news from you Steve! Did you bought a new house or do you make your old one some changes? A house = lot of time to spend on, i agree... but its not as important as sim racing !!!! :) hehe.

Hope to see you on a server sometime! I'll be on PrestoGP most of the time. I think the ASR 1,81 was better for you than the 1,70, so come have a ride!!

Steeve

No I bought this house in 1999, it's an old house built in 1904. I have been undertaking some quite serious work by myself with some help from my friends, everything we are replacing is 111 years old. They really knew how to build houses back then, and I have been trying to match how it was built originally hope good enough to last another 100 years, and it has not been plain sailing! No UPVC guttering here, it's cast iron and rather heavy. And expensive. But nobody makes anything to last beyond their own lifetime these days, understandably so, but perhaps cause I am an idiot I have done it the old school way in honour of the guys who built houses in this period, who are really all unsung heroes, all they had back then was bricks and mortar and timber and nails, and horses, and that's about it! And lots of man power, lots. Every house built was a mammoth task back then, really amazing.

I will prob skip the Presto GP season sadly, FR35 is about my limit when it comes to open wheelers, my brain a little too slow for the F1 cars probably :lol:

Last edited by SteveC on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Number:#17  PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:52 pm 
Club

SimRaceAlliance, an idea to merge leagues to survive.

From Gant from VOR league.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2 ... ceAlliance

Post Number:#18  PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:50 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Thanks Damian, what that guy is suggesting is very sensible. I made similar post quite some time ago.

And I know other leagues are in same boat, very much so. Most of them, probably.

If you took all the players on RF2 who was interested in say FR35, or whatever mod, racing one a week to get good series it would take vast majority of entire RF2 community to do it, an alliance is the only way. It's a good idea, I will look into it and also speak to some other leagues.

Post Number:#19  PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:39 pm 
Club

Yes, it's the same story from time ago, and it's worse every year because the increase of different offers of simracing, and the impatient new simracers.

There is nothing more depressing than a race on a server with just five cars. It's a reality, if you can't get 20 cars every race, drivers start to give up, because they can't find another driver to match his speed and be able to compete against another human.

A season as we had with the F1 92 cars is the best we can get these days. It was the same last month at projectsimracer.co.uk (now called back f1sr) with the group-c cars, 25 cars at every race, but it's difficult to keep that attendance.

I think this idea of SimRaceAlliance it's a good one for some leagues.

Post Number:#20  PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:15 pm 
Club

Daytona 2.4 hours with the Group-C cars and the Nissan GTR next January 16.

http://www.usf1racing.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=2291

:banana:

Post Number:#21  PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:43 pm 
Super

I think it's a brilliant idea. You don't even have to merge leagues completely. The members of the intrested leagues can pool resources to host a championship which is ofcourse open to all members of those intrested leagues.

This ofcourse does not solve the problem of getting a mod with which peple would be happy with. I personally don't care what it looks like sounds like or even drives like so long as it delivers good events.

The worst point is not when you find yourself in a championship in which no one can match your speed....the worst thing is when you find yourself in a championship where you can never even come close to matching the top guys speed. By that i mean a field where there is a sudden gap of around 2 seconds between those who can and those who cannot.

It's not about being an alien, it's about the mod being a piece of junk. Those who can love it, those who cannot...trickle away and say goodbye.

We all need to forget our personal tastes for motorsports history, sim racing history, Rf history, driving tastes and start trying to make something which is accessible to all. Yes it may not be so elite....but who cares as long as we get good grids with good races and good fun !

Rah rah rah ! :victorydance:

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#22  PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:45 pm 
Legends Admin Team

Sulla Looming wrote:
The worst point is not when you find yourself in a championship in which no one can match your speed...

I hate to say this Sulla, but I think you're best bet might be iRacing. The pool of drivers in the rFactor arena has been steadily declining over the past year, and unfortunately along with it the pool of truly talented drivers [ie. aliens]. For someone like myself, it matters little since my speed on track has been steadily declining [lack of practice, slowing reflexes and marginal talent to begin with!]. But my recollection of you on track was that you were competitive even when driving a chassis that was clearly outmatched; you were driving the Ferrari T3 [non-aero] while we were driving the '79 aero models and you were still at the front of the field. :allhail:
In iRacing you'd have a much better chance of matching up in races with your peers [IMHO]. The cost of getting started in iRacing is a bit steep [also IMHO] compared to RF2, AC, etc which has kept many [myself included] from going down that path, but I must admit that were I still racing "full time" I think that's where I'd be ultimately drawn.

Sadly, I think ISI has somewhat dropped the ball with RF2. Yes, it's an excellent sim, and many who are much more knowledgeable than myself at times argue that on a pure physics level it's possibly the best [given the right mod] but sadly by it's very nature it's spread itself too thin. Many of the modders have moved over to AC simply because RF2 is still lagging behind in the graphics area [DX9] and with so many "beta" releases it was frustrating to them [it was not uncommon for weeks if not months of work to be undone by yet another beta release]. iRacing OTOH offers up a very stable, centrally managed platform for those who are simply interested in the "racing". Personally, I love seeing multiple chassis on track together. This is one of the things I love most about RF2 - there are plenty of mods out there were you get a full variety of cars on track all at the same time; GP79 was a perfect example. With iRacing [and someone please correct me if I'm wrong], handicapping within a "mod" is still handled by matching up drivers and not by chassis, which in turn ends up making all events effectively "spec racing". That's not to say one is better than the other, it's clearly a personal preference.

Profile E-mail  

Post Number:#23  PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:01 am 
Super

Thanks Rick, good to hear from you.

Yeah i used to race the T3, it had the engine just not the grip so it wasn't as bad a car as you might think. Some tracks...impossible...others...actually pretty good. Just took the commitment to keep at it and learn the car...anyway...

Yeah i don't know anything about iRacing but racing is exactly what i like. The mods in Rf1/2 are cool especially when you getting older :nodance: and remember seeing some of the cars...or atleast having vague memories :victorydance: ....but physics can be whatever they want to be, the mods will make them how they please. But i don't understand...maybe i'm misunderstanding things but it seems there's just too many mods of basically the same thing. Porsche this...Porsche that...Megane this mod, Megane that mod...ffs...i just want to join a servr without having to download basically the same car all over again...even an empty one :clap:

I don't know what's being going on with Rf2 to be honest but i can imagine many updates will kill he enthusiasm of the good modders....I remember Slim Jim...we should install him as head of ISI Rfactor direction group planing etc. Maybe iRacing is the way...i know it's just racing i'm after, i think that's why i look at the ISI 1966 F2 / F3 and just think....perfect ! Simple cars...some look a little different....same performance etc etc...so lets find a race ! Ok it's mostly empty server...if it's up at all...BUT ATLEAST there's 3 people lapping Alabama in stock cars ! :moon:

Whatever the reasons and i've been gone too long to know about it, the servers are in general...dead.

Take it easy Rick...rememeber, slower reactions just mean you're now more relaxed, at one with the world and realise that somethings are worth watching incase you miss them...such as crashes ;-)

Profile E-mail