another FFB settings thread.

Hardware, Software, Internet, Email, Security, OS, Simulations, Etc.
Jef Vannijlen
Super

Re: another FFB settings thread.

Post by Jef Vannijlen »

BUMP !

The link Nik posted has been updated.
It now includes his complete controller.ini
and newer realfeel and leo

i am testing with Fanatec.......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
i can't get it to work, she doesn't say realfeel enabled anymore
if u just put in realfeel 0,92 from rfcentral, she does.
the vibrations, the leo its all crap on a Fanatec Porshe GTRS 3.

I threw everything out, tested with standard ISI and normal realfeel and that is way better an simpler.
Unless someone shares his fanatec realfeel leo ini dll and controller.ini ?...... i am giving up.
Last edited by Jef Vannijlen on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79
Dave Kadlčák
Super

Post by Dave Kadlčák »

No need to bump since this thread is sticky
;-)
  I.V.G.A. Member #2552 - ICR2 hotlaps
Jaka Ursic
International

Post by Jaka Ursic »

The new RealFeel 0.93v doesn't need LeoFFB no more. I tested it with the GP79 mod and it runs great. Here are my GP79 settings for RealFeel:
MaxForceSteeringRack : 2500
Damper 11500
Smoothing : 1
ReallFeelMixing : 90
Wheel smt thingy : 60 - This setting now defines when u feel the tyres loosing grip (higher numbers = quicker FFB drop off)
other default
Nik Babin

Post by Nik Babin »

Jaka Ursic wrote:The new RealFeel 0.93v doesn't need LeoFFB no more. I tested it with the GP79 mod and it runs great. Here are my GP79 settings for RealFeel:
MaxForceSteeringRack : 2500
Damper 11500
Smoothing : 1
ReallFeelMixing : 90
Wheel smt thingy : 60 - This setting now defines when u feel the tyres loosing grip (higher numbers = quicker FFB drop off)
other default
Cant find it Jaka :o
Can you show me the link?
Jaka Ursic
International

Post by Jaka Ursic »

Here's the link NIK

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8EU6JV4L

Cheers.
Jef Vannijlen
Super

Post by Jef Vannijlen »

i am trying it

what do u mean with wheem smt thingy?? = 60

VehicleDelimiterSize=64 ??

FrontGripEffect=0.000000 ??
#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79
Jaka Ursic
International

Post by Jaka Ursic »

Sry, I ment FrontGripEffect, between 60 and 70 produces best result for me.
Jaka Ursic
International

Post by Jaka Ursic »

Anyone have the Fanatec. I've bought the CSR wheel and can't get a good FFB in rFactor, it just feels numb.
I tried using the G25 driver for it (you need to set the wheel in PS3 mode to work) and the effects are more direct, crisp. But there's one problem with it, the wheel feels notchy at times. Does somebody have a solution for this?
But the FFB is definetly better with the Logitech driver, didn't try it in other games yet. Seems Logitech has a big advantage in drivers, Fanatec on the other hand has a big advantage in hardware mechanics. Seems like with a Fanatec+Logitech drivers you get best of both worlds :victorydance: .
Last edited by Jaka Ursic on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaka Ursic
International

Post by Jaka Ursic »

I've finaly cracked it. I'm experiencing the best FFB so far in rFactor.
Here's the tutorial for anyone interested.

1. Copy those lines into your controler.ini (Located at X:\rFactor\User Data\Controller\YourConroler.ini)

For Logitech wheels (DFP, DFGT, G25, G27, might also work with momo)

FFB Device Type="1" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="1" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.00000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Ignore Controllers="0" // Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers)
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.00000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.00000" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force prediction="0.00000" // Time into the future that force is predicted, to help counteract wheel latency (0.0 to disable)
FFB steer force max change="100.00000" // Maximum change per second based on current difference between calculated and applied
FFB steer force neutral range="0.00000" // Max distance from center "neutral force" location where forces are reduced to help avoid oscillation (0.0 to disable)
FFB steer force neutral function="1.00000" // Function to apply near neutral force location, in order to tune out FFB "deadzone" but keeping oscillations in check: 0.0=original, 1.0=new
FFB steer force exponent="0.20000" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-65535.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction)
FFB steer force output max="1.80000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip function="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0 (previous hardcoded value was 1.0) - lower values will make steering force decrease LATER as front tire grip is lost - try 0.3
FFB steer force grip weight="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6 (previously hardcoded to 0.4). How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer front grip fract="0.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0 (previous hardcoded value was 0.0), additional effect of front grip loss on steering force
FFB steer update threshold="0.0001500000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.06000" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.12000" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.00000" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.00000" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.00000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.00000" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.60000" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.60000" // Rumble strip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.75000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="1.00000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

For Fanatec Users:

FFB Device Type="1" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="1" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.00000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Ignore Controllers="0" // Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers)
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.00000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.00000" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force prediction="0.00000" // Time into the future that force is predicted, to help counteract wheel latency (0.0 to disable)
FFB steer force max change="100.00000" // Maximum change per second based on current difference between calculated and applied
FFB steer force neutral range="0.00000" // Max distance from center "neutral force" location where forces are reduced to help avoid oscillation (0.0 to disable)
FFB steer force neutral function="1.00000" // Function to apply near neutral force location, in order to tune out FFB "deadzone" but keeping oscillations in check: 0.0=original, 1.0=new
FFB steer force exponent="0.20000" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-65535.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction)
FFB steer force output max="1.80000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip function="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0 (previous hardcoded value was 1.0) - lower values will make steering force decrease LATER as front tire grip is lost - try 0.3
FFB steer force grip weight="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6 (previously hardcoded to 0.4). How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer front grip fract="0.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0 (previous hardcoded value was 0.0), additional effect of front grip loss on steering force
FFB steer update threshold="0.0001500000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.00000" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.00000" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.00000" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.00000" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.00000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.00000" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.60000" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.60000" // Rumble strip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.75000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="1.00000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

2.Download attached LeoFFB and RealFeel files (there are 4 in the zip, 2 ini's and 2 dll's)

Put LeoFFB.ini, LeoFFB.dll and RealFeel.dll in your rFactor Plugin directory (X:\rFactor\Plugins)
Put RealFeel.ini into rFactor root directory - corrected

3. Adjust LeoFFB.ini

Its essential to adjust the line :

21.0 Front Wheel lock angle, degrees (max deflection to one side from straight on)
Set the numer according to your steering lock you usualy set in garage (mine is 21 degrees in GP79 mod for example)

4. FFB Strength

Maybe for some the FFB will feel to weak. If this is the case lower the RealFeel's "MaxForceSteeringRack=7000" (use the keys left CTRL + NumPad 7 in-game)
I wouldn't recomend going lower than (-2000) from original value in RealFeel.ini (for GP79 mod) or you risk serious FFB cliping and loss of FFB fidelity

5. The magic 65535 number

This is the essential setting that makes all the difference, the more sensitive/sofisticated the Wheel is the more difference it makes. What it actualy does is extend the FFB effects range from default 11500 to 65535. This means theoreticly almost 6 times more FFB fidelity. It only works with RealFeel and/or LeoFFB as the default FFB code doesn't make use of it. BUT it still must be set in the controler.ini otherwise the FFB effects are wrong.
This setting is also present in LeoFFB.ini and RealFeel.ini and it MUST NOT be changed for FFB to work correctly.
I discovered that it works better with RealFeel V.92 (which is included in the RAR).

Other settings in LeoFFB.ini and RealFeel.ini can be changed by user prefference if you like.
Here are some examples of what can be changed by prefference and what effect it has:

LeoFFB.ini :
11.4 Relative strength of FFB effects -- The higher the number the stronger LEO's FFB effects are
9.5 Aligning moment curve shape / feeling of tyre losing grip. -- higher numbers make steering feel lighter when grip is lost , range 0...10
0.3 Caster (dimetionless) -- higher numbers introduce stiffer center spring effect, but numb the tyre grip loss effect. Wouldn0t recomend higher than 0.5
65535.0 Maximum FFB force for stationary and low speed effects -- DON'T CHANGE!!

RealFeel.ini :

[Renault]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=7000.000000 -- Lower numbers = stronger FFB (not recomended under 5000 for GP79, explained above)
SteeringDamper=65535.000000 -- DON'T CHANGE!!
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=50.000000 -- % of mixing between LeoFFB and RealFeel, higher number = more RealFeel
SmoothingLevel=0 -- smoothing of effects, if you find the wheel to jerky or spikes try higher numbers, range 0...4 -NOTE: higher numbers produce litle latency

So that explains basicly all you need to know about setting rFactor FFB (some numbers may be GP79 specific), but i think it should give you good FFB in other mods too. Main thing you would need to change is FFB Effects in-game and MaxForceSteeringRack in RealFeel.ini .
The included RealFeel.ini has all allocated cars for this TWF1 season set "properly" according to telemtry ;-) , so you don't need to fidle much.
Hopefuly some also learned something new :) .

Further questions? Don't be afraid to ask :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jaka Ursic on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Oreskov
Super

Post by Frank Oreskov »

Looks quite impressive, you've definately been working overtime :thumbsup:
One question though, do you think any of those settings can be used for my new wheel?

Frank
Last edited by Frank Oreskov on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Jaka Ursic
International

Post by Jaka Ursic »

What wheel do you have Frank? If its the T500RS i would try the Fanatec settings.
RealFeel and LeoFFB are Wheel type/brand independent. The force coming thru the steering rack, which is defined in RealFeel.ini under MaxForceSteeringRack is car/mod dependant and should be the same for all wheels.
You can use MoTec for determining SteerinRack force for RealFeel for any car.
MarioW
Super

Post by MarioW »

I'll try that for oldring, i wasnt to happy with my old ffb. thanks for the settings jaka.
Ciao Mario ಠ_ಠ
Jaka Ursic
International

Post by Jaka Ursic »

NP, try to change the line in your controler.ini

FFB steer force exponent="0.20000" to 0.75000

Feels better. 0.2 produces musshy effects.
Frank Oreskov
Super

Post by Frank Oreskov »

Oops, I forgot to relpy to this: The current wheel I race with is a T500RS with the latest drivers/firmware, my G25's pedal-cord is broken so they don't work right anymore and not sure how to fix them.

I'll try the fanatec first and see how it goes. Thanks again :cheers:

Frank
Image Image
MarioW
Super

Post by MarioW »

Its quite the change from my old settings, but i can drive the car more and not be driven/guided along from the ffb.
So far i like it. i get more ffb when i change the maxforce at steering rack in real feel to lower number right?
Ciao Mario ಠ_ಠ